This job expired on 15 December 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
15 December 2023 at 12pm (midday)
30 November 2023
About Langar CofE Primary School
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 5 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- Up to 105 pupils
- Age range
- 5 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01949 860056
HEAD TEACHER required from April 2024
Role description – Head Teacher Langar C of E Primary School
Scope: Newly academised church primary school with 88 pupils, 4 classes with a PAN of 105.
Job description :
This is a great opportunity to lead a small village primary school as it settles into being part of a multi-academy trust of primary schools. We are looking for a Head Teacher who will develop and build strong links with Aspire Multi-academy Trust, and to identify how to bring the benefits of being part of a larger family of primary schools to Langar.
Whilst leveraging the support, resources and benefits of academisation, the new Head Teacher will need to maintain the fantastic building blocks of a caring, “family feel” small school, where fairness, respect and thoughtfulness are at the heart of daily life.
As Langar is a Church of England school, the Head Teacher will also work with the recently arrived member of clergy to resume and strengthen these links following an extended period of vacancy in the Parish role.
Langar C of E Primary School Strengths :
• Following, the most recent OFSTED inspection in March 2023, the School is once again recognised as a good school with outstanding features.
• The school has a consistent record of exceptional KS2 results.
• The school has a small well-established team of staff who know the school, the pupils and their parents, well.
• OFSTED : “Pupils flourish at this rapidly improving, inclusive and welcoming school. Staff know pupils and their families very well. The school has a ‘family feel’ to it. Pupils say they are happy and feel safe here. The school values include fairness, respect and thoughtfulness. They shine through. The values are consistently reinforced through the school day and during collective worship. Pupils understand these values and try to use them in their daily lives.”
Areas for development :
• To bring KS1 results in line with the achievements of pupils at KS2.
• To work closely with the SENDCo, on balancing the loving, caring, inclusive approach of the school with ensuring consistent behaviour management strategies are in place in order to further develop a safe and calm learning environment for all pupils
Langar is part of Aspire Multi-academy Trust, which supports the individual ambition of the school. Opportunities for peer-to-peer support and cross-school collaboration ensure the successful candidate has a strong network of support to enable them to achieve the very best for our school. Nb there will be a teaching element with this position.
Langar’s next Head Teacher will be supported in their role by a highly dedicated, experienced and friendly staff team, including an Assistant Headteacher, a supportive Governing Body and by engaged and enthusiastic parents and carers.
The successful candidate will have the support of the highly-effective Assistant Head, who knows the school and community well, this will help to ensure the efficient running of the school to support flexible working. We are very open to discussing flexible working opportunities and we are able to consider full time or part time so please do get in touch and have a chat with us if flexible working as a Head Teacher is something that interests you.
Arranging a visit to Langar CofE Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed