- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- L15 - L22
Following the planned retirement of our well respected Headteacher, the governing body, and school community are offering an exciting opportunity to lead our village school. Plymouth is Britain’s Ocean City and we have Dartmoor National Park on our doorstep.
Mary Dean’s C of E Primary School and Nursery is rated as a Good school, with a strong Christian ethos, which is ambitious for further development in the future.
Our next Headteacher must be: -
• A good communicator who nurtures a culture of high expectation and well-being and has a commitment to maintain and develop the distinctive Christian character of the school
• A proficient teacher, as well as a leader
• Supportive of developing and managing our Local Authority school. Able to develop links with a range of other schools and organisations
• Visible and lead by example – when necessary, rolling up sleeves and getting fully involved
We will offer you: -
• A Good school with aspiration to further develop
• A school with a village feel with extensive outside space and opportunities to grow
• Long serving staff who are passionate and dedicated
• A strong and pro-active governing body
• Supportive parents
• An active and hard-working PTFA
• A supportive village and church community
• Happy thriving children with well-managed behaviour
Mary Dean’s C of E Primary School and Nursery is committed to equal opportunities. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates. All candidates must also read our Safeguarding policy before applying.
A school family, learning for life in all its fullness
Applying for the job
An application form and further information is available from our website -
More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.