The governors, staff and children are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, strategic and creative professional Headteacher who will continue to build on the success of our school and further develop the collaborative relationship with our neighbouring Junior School
In our welcoming and happy school, pupil achievement is excellent as a result of the high quality of our teaching and learning and hard working staff. We are looking for an exceptional leader who can build on and deliver further improvements in our school. We know this is no easy task, so we are searching for a Headteacher who:
• Is a dedicated professional with a passion for infant education.
• Takes time to build relationships with children.
• Will continue to inspire and motivate our staff and pupils while making them feel valued and supported.
• Will maintain the caring, respectful and inclusive ethos of the school
• Holds high expectations of children's achievement and behaviour.
• Has a proven track record in raising standards and improving outcomes for children.
• Can demonstrate exceptional judgment and prudent whole school financial management and planning.
We think our school is a special place and would encourage you to discover this too. We would warmly welcome a visit from you during week commencing 2nd March or week commencing 9th March 2020. To arrange a time please contact our School Business Manager, Mrs Sue Whitehead at the school on 01332 760770.
An application form and further information about the role is attached. Please return completed applications quoting reference ‘Headteacher Application’ via email to Mrs S Whitehead, School Business Manager to email@example.com
Further details and an application pack are available online at https://www.derby.gov.uk/jobs-and-careers/
Essential educational requirements
Applications are welcome from candidates currently working within a school leadership team who are looking to take their first headship appointment and experienced Headteachers.
Qualified teacher status/Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) status Evidence of significant and recent relevant continuing professional development
NPQH or equivalent professional qualification - desirable
Essential skills and experience
A proven track record of successful leadership
Successful experience of raising achievement
Working with and engaging the involvement of external partners and the local community
Successful teaching of pupils in the primary phase
Planning, determining and organising major curriculum areas
Proven track record of successful teaching.
As well as a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, the school provides a rich programme of CPD that supports leaders, teachers and support staff at their various stages of leadership development.
About Ridgeway Infant School
- Uplands Avenue, Derby, Derbyshire, DE23 1GG
- LA Maintained School
- Ridgeway Infant School website (opens in a new window)