- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Group 2 Leadership Range - Salary: L14 - L20 (£58,135 - £67,364)
FULL TIME HEADTEACHER
Name of school: St. Herbert’s Church of England (VA) Primary and Nursery School
Start date: 1 September 2022
Group 2 Leadership Range - Salary: L14 - L20 (£58,135 - £67,364)
Age range: 3-11 years old
NoR: 292 (including 22 Nursery)
Learn to love, as we love to learn
‘This is a wonderful school where the children are at the heart of everything.’
Our dream school. Is it your dream job?
Join us on the adventure in the heart of the English Lake District.
As Governors, we believe in our school. It‘s well-loved and actively supported by our local community, with strong partnerships across all local churches. We’re looking to appoint a Headteacher who inspires, who will build on our strong Christian foundation (‘Outstanding’ - SIAMS 2016) and share our whole school vision.
St. Herbert’s Church of England Primary and Nursery School is located in Keswick in the Lake District National Park. The school provides our children with unique educational opportunities. Our school grounds and surroundings are an integral part of our desire to extend learning beyond the classroom. We’re expecting to appoint a dynamic Headteacher who will continue to promote high standards of learning and an innovative, creative curriculum, nurturing the whole child. St. Herbert’s is proud of its extended provision and out of school activities and has strong links with the consortium of local schools. In 2018, we were rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted, who said, `From the office to the teaching staff it feels like everyone is working together to create an amazing learning environment.’
We’d like to hear from you if you will:
• be able to embody the school values of dignity, community, wisdom and hope;
• be an approachable, collaborative, brave and inspirational leader;
• be fully committed to the benefits of outdoor education and residential visits;
• be able to inspire your colleagues in their own growth and development;
• be able to confidently manage our school and its unique curriculum
We can offer you:
• a passion for the school to match yours; a life-enriching career opportunity;
• a dedicated, skilled and highly experienced staff;
• a mutually supportive governor and staff team committed to the care and development of
• a welcoming school with joyful, enthusiastic children who are keen to learn and supported
by their parents, carers, local community and churches;
• our support in your continued professional development
Ready to join the adventure? If so, we encourage you to look at the following videos in the video gallery section of the school website - a tour not just of the school but the values at its heart.
Our School Values 2021
St. Herbert's School Tour
St Herbert’s Church of England Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and well-being of its pupils, engages with young people and staff in policy and practice developments, proactively encourages feedback and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure for Regulated Activity and will require the completion of a criminal history/suitability self-disclosure form prior to interview. Satisfactory references, pre-employment ID and medical checks will also be required before any offer is finalised. In addition, if appointed, a completed Childcare Disqualification declaration will also be required.
St Herbert’s Church of England Primary and Nursery School is an equal opportunities employer. Please note that the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form of your application form will not be available to members of the Selection Panel at the shortlisting stage.
The closing date for applications is 10.00am on Thursday 11 November 2021.
Shortlisting will take place on the evening of Monday 15 November 2021.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 23 and Wednesday 24 November 2021.
Applying for the job
To apply for this post, please visit the vacancies section of the school website at: https://www.stherberts.cumbria.sch.uk/about-us/vacancies.html in order to access the application form and all the various application documentation.
All completed application forms should be emailed to Karen Holden (Clerk to the Governing Body) at email@example.com or, be posted to:
Karen Holden (Clerk to the Governing Body)
St Herbert’s Church of England Primary and Nursery School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 302 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About St Herbert's CofE (VA) Primary and Nursery School
St. Herbert’s Church of England Primary and Nursery School is in Keswick, Cumbria. Our school is set in the heart of world class outdoor facilities in the English Lake District, where we are fortunate to have spectacular grounds and local outdoor area, with the added opportunities offered by the immediate town centre.
Our school staff is a team of dedicated and experienced people committed to the highest standards and together we believe in working in partnership - staff, children, parents/carers, Church, Governors and the wider community.
We strive to enable every child to develop well as a learner, equipped with the knowledge, skills, habits and interdependence they will need in our ever changing world, while ensuring that our Christian values permeate all that we do and enable our pupils to thrive as individuals.
Arranging a visit to St Herbert's CofE (VA) Primary and Nursery School
Visits to the school will be available on:
• Wednesday 20 October 2021 at 4 pm
• Thursday 4 November 2021 at 4 pm
• Tuesday 9 November 2021 at 4 pm
In terms of keeping our whole school community and visitors safe, please note the following Covid measures:
• All visitors should take a lateral flow test the night before the visit
• All visitors to arrive at the main office entrance having parked in the staff car parks
• All visitors will be asked to register with our Covid signing-in procedure at the office,
leaving contact details etc
• All visitors will gather in the main foyer area outside the Headteacher’s office until
everyone has arrived
• All visitors are to bring a mask although this may not be required as it will depending on
the Covid measures in place at the time of the visit
If you would like to visit the school, please contact Karen Holden (Clerk to the Governing Body) at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to book your place on one of the visits. Please note that participation in a visit, or ability to make one, will not play any part in our assessment of your application.