The successful candidate will join a school of highly committed, professional and caring staff who are dedicated to raising achievement and providing aspirational role models for all of our children. The successful candidate will predominately work alongside teachers by taking responsibility for learning activities under an agreed system of supervision in the absence of the class teacher. Leading and delivering learning objectives to small groups of children and young people as directed, and providing one to one support.
We are looking for a candidate who:
• Is able to work well in partnership with classroom teachers.
• Is committed to and has experience working with children and young people
• Is able to motivate and encourage children to meet their targets for learning and/or behaviour
• Can demonstrate outstanding behaviour management skills and strategies.
• Can support the development of an innovative and engaging curriculum.
• Supports the inclusive ethos of the school and believes that every child should have the opportunity to fulfil their potential.
• Is committed to their own personal and professional development.
• Thrives in a collaborative working environment.
Applying for the job
Application packs are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Acorn works in partnership with secondary schools throughout Lincolnshire and into Nottinghamshire, supporting pupils who are presenting with emotional and behavioural challenges. Pupils are all dual registered; with Key Stage Three students placed for short-term intervention and then phased back into their mainstream setting. The Key Stage Four offer is full time and permanent; we offer GCSEs in core subjects as well as a full suite of vocational options, all of which are classed to be of high quality. We pride ourselves on our ability to teach GCSE courses whilst at the same time providing students with the Personal Development Opportunities that they may need.
Arranging a visit to Acorn Free School
Due to Covid restrictions applicants are welcome to visit the school at the end of the school day by prior appointment with the Headteacher.