- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Maternity Cover)
We are seeking to appoint a talented, committed and inspirational teacher of history to cover a maternity leave, from November 2021. We are a small school and pride ourselves in knowing our students really well. We work closely together as a team and have individual student achievement at the heart of everything we do.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a history teacher. In February 2017, Ofsted judged Maidenhill to be a ‘good’ school, so you would be joining the school at an exciting time in its development as we strive now to become ‘outstanding’. You will be joining a small, committed team of humanities teachers.
Students enjoy their humanities lessons and this is reflected in their option choices in Year 9.
The successful applicant will
- Be an exceptional history teacher, able to teach to GCSE grade 9
- Have a passion for history and an enthusiasm for teaching and learning
- Be able and willing to teach Learning for Life, our PSHE programme, in Key Stage 3
- Have student achievement at the heart of everything they do
- Be committed to the all-round development of the student
- Enjoy teaching students of all abilities, stretching and challenging all students to achieve their personal best
- Employ a range of teaching strategies appropriate to the age, ability and level of students
- Be able to create an attractive and stimulating learning environment
- Have the drive and ability to raise the profile of the subject yet further within and outside school
This post would suit either an Early Career Teacher or an experienced colleague. We have a ‘New Staff Induction Programme’ for all staff that join our school. Early Career Teachers will participate in a fully supported Early Career Framework programme led by the Assistant Head Teacher.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.