This job expired on 17 April 2023 – see similar jobs
17 April 2023 at 12:30pm
25 March 2023
- Fixed term
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,000.00 to £43,685.00
Humanities Teacher job summary
We have an exciting opportunity for a Humanities Teacher to join the school on a full time and permanent basis from September 2023. We are in a fortunate position and have the flexibility to offer a position across our three disciplines of Humanities. The subjects we offer in our curriculum are History, Geography and Religious Education, therefore we invite teachers of any of these subjects to apply.
What does this job do?
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/form tutor.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
- To share and support the Academy’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
What are the job requirements?
- Excellent professional knowledge and understanding of national and examination curricular requirements of the subject
- Some experience of successfully teaching to KS3-KS4 students, with a clear understanding of the teaching provision required in secondary schools.
- Evidence of good or outstanding teaching and learning in schools with large cohorts of pupil premium students
- Established as an effective teacher across the age and ability range
- Willingness to contribute to the life and work of the school, including extra-curricular activities
About Atherton High School:
‘Our curriculum ambition at Atherton High School is to make learning accessible for all'. We have designed a challenging and ambitious curriculum to provide the best learning opportunities for all our students to aspire and achieve.
Our core values that drive our curriculum are:
· Aspiration for all to improve life chances for every student.
· Excellence in learning through an ambitious knowledge and vocabulary rich curriculum for all.
· Character and personal development to equip all of our students to succeed in life.
At Atherton High School what is taught is coherently planned and sequenced to equip students to succeed in life. Our curriculum supports students from all backgrounds, including those who are disadvantaged, so students can access a high-quality, knowledge-rich curriculum. Our school community believes strongly in providing disadvantaged pupils with a curriculum that enables them to reach the academic standards of their non-disadvantaged peers. Our goal is to bring our young people into the big conversations of our disciplines, to bring depth to our curriculum, so they can understand the world around them.
About the Education Partnership Trust (EPT):
EPT was established in 2012 as a multi-academy trust and is an approved academy sponsor. Our vision is to create outstanding schools which transform learning, lives and communities. We benefit from our diverse and unique range of schools which include secondary mainstream, alternative provision and special and have a proven track record of sustained improvement. Our schools are united by a drive to improve opportunities and outcomes for children and young people within a collaborative learning culture.
Our staff are our most valued asset so we continually invest in our colleagues and we believe that all teaching and support staff posts within our schools are key in terms of supporting pupil achievement and improving their life chances. As such we are keen to recruit dedicated and ambitious professionals who will add value to our schools and trust by helping our young people to succeed.
Our extensive range of rewards and benefits include:
- Healthcare cash back plan provided free by the trust includes optical, dental, physio, diagnostics, health assessment, NHS prescription charges, hospital cover, discounted gym memberships plus lots more.
- 6 sessions of free counselling including CBT, wellbeing and bereavement.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Access to government pension schemes.
- Free parking.
- Green Car Scheme (Salary Sacrifice).
- Training, mentoring and progression opportunities including our Emerging Leaders programmes.
- Trust wide intranet to share knowledge and resources.
Incomplete application forms will not be shortlisted, if you need to discuss a reason for being unable to complete a section, please contact the recruitment team HR@ept-uk.com
If you would like a tour of the school please contact the School Business Manager – email@example.com
Commitment to safeguarding
About Atherton High School
- School type
- Free School, Christian, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 494 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Atherton High School website (opens in new tab)
AHS is an amazing school, with the most wonderful staff. The school has grown and develop through understanding that our staff are our most valued asset so we continually invest in our colleagues and we believe that all teaching and support staff posts within our schools are key in terms of supporting pupil achievement and improving their life chances.
As such we are keen to recruit dedicated and ambitious professionals who will add value to our schools and trust by helping our young people to succeed.
Situated with great commuter links, AHS, serves all pupils from our local community.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher - MFL (Spanish) - Maternity Cover
Dixons Brooklands Academy
Moor Road, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M23 9BP
Teacher of MFL: Spanish (Maternity Cover)
Matthew Moss High School
Matthew Moss Lane, Rochdale, Lancashire, OL11 3LU
South Wirral High School
Plymyard Avenue, Wirral, Merseyside, CH62 8EH
Teacher of Girls PE (Maternity Cover)
All Hallows Catholic College
Brooklands Avenue, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 8LB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Greater Manchester