- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2, Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Salary: NJC Scale 1, Point 1-3 Actual Salary £19,281 to £19,787
Working Arrangements: Permanent | Term Time Only | 35 hours per week Monday to Friday from 07:00 to 15:00
Full-time equivalent salary
- NJC Scale 1, Point 1-3 Actual Salary £19,281 to £19,787
KITCHEN ASSISTANT job summary
are looking for a Kitchen Assistant to prepare services and equipment for the
service area for efficient and effective delivery of meals and catering. The
required candidate will work as part of a team preparing fresh, interesting and
nutritious school meals within budget, which meets the Government and the
School’s standards at all times.
School Kitchen is partnered with Chefs in Schools – the charity transforming
school food and food education.
are not likely to get bored working with us. You will be helping with the
preparation of carefully prepared meals at a specialist school for children
diagnosed with ASD. You will also be in charge of training sixth formers on
kitchen work placement. At Phoenix School, we run a two-week menu cycle and
update our food offer with the seasons. We run lunch service from three school
sites, catering for 514 Students aged 3-25 and Staff. You will be working with
an eclectic team of chefs, most of whom with a background in fine dining. We
work with top-end suppliers to ensure the best available produce for our
exciting range of recipes. Our production is done in a brand-new kitchen, with
plenty of top-end equipment and toys. At Phoenix School Kitchen, we are proud
of fostering a supportive and friendly working environment. There will always
be space for your thoughts and your ideas.
- Assisting with and/or organising snack or meal delivery to classrooms or
- Dishwashing including pots, pans, cutlery and crockery as required.
- Organisation of goods received: ensuring that stock deliveries are
- Keeping fridges and dry stores organised.
- Ensuring that waste is disposed of promptly and in the designated areas.
- Helping the kitchen porter with refilling paper, soap and cleaning
- Basic Food Preparation: Processing vegetables, condiments, filling up
sauce pots, preparing snack baskets and helping with the preparation of food
items for the salad bar.
- Assisting the Sous chef and CDPS with lunch service as required.
Cleaning: ensuring that your work areas are clean at
all times, using the designated cleaning chemicals appropriately, sweeping
floors and assisting the kitchen porter with the 7-day cleaning schedule.
Applying for the job
How to apply:
To discuss the post further please contact Harriet Stirrup Head Lead Chef by email harriet.stirrup@Phoenix.towerhamlets.sch.uk or call 020 8980 4740.
Application form can be found on school website: www.phoenix.towerhamlets.sch.uk
Please return your completed application to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 9am, Friday 7th October 2022
Shortlisting: 10th October 2022
Interview: 18th October 2022
It will not be possible to re-arrange these dates. If you are intending to apply, please ensure you are available to attend for an interview.More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
Download an application form - 66.2 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.