Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (July 2021)
Main Teacher Payscale
1. Planning, Teaching and Class Management
• To teach allocated pupils by planning their teaching to achieve progression of learning through:
o identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed;
o setting tasks which challenge pupils and ensure high levels of interest;
o setting appropriate and demanding expectations;
o setting clear targets, building on prior attainment;
o identifying SEN or very able pupils;
o providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge;
o making effective use of assessment and ensure coverage of programmes of study;
o ensuring effective teaching and best use of available time;
o monitoring and intervening to ensure sound learning and discipline;
o working in accordance with school policies, providing excellent moral, social, spiritual and cultural role models;
o putting the needs of the school’s pupils first and actively promote and enthusiasm to learn;
o actively promoting environmental sustainability;
• To use a variety of teaching methods to:
o match approach to content, structure information, present a set of key ideas and use appropriate vocabulary;
o use effective questioning, listen carefully to pupils, give attention to errors and misconceptions;
o select appropriate learning resources and develop study skills through library, ICT and other sources;
o ensure pupils acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught;
o evaluate their own teaching critically to improve effectiveness.
• To liaise with other teachers in the year group, key stage and, where appropriate, other phases, in planning, delivering, assessing and evaluating each area of the curriculum.
• To take account of pupils' needs by providing structured learning opportunities which develop the areas of learning identified in national and local policies, and particularly the foundations for literacy and numeracy.
• To encourage pupils to think and talk about their learning, develop self-control and independence, concentrate and persevere, and listen attentively.
• To use a variety of teaching strategies which involve planned adult intervention, first-hand experience and play and talk as a vehicle for learning.
• To manage parents and other adults in the classroom.
2. Monitoring, Assessment, Recording, Reporting
• assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching;
• mark and monitor pupils' work and set targets for progress;
• assess and record pupils' progress systematically and keep records to check work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and weaknesses, inform planning and recognise the level at which the pupil is achieving;
• prepare and present informative reports to parents.
3. Other Professional Requirements
• have attained the National Standards for Qualified Teacher Status;
• enhance and update their teaching skills through continuing professional development;
• have a working knowledge of teachers' professional duties and legal liabilities;
• operate at all times within the stated policies and practices of the school;
• establish effective working relationships and set a good example through their presentation and personal and professional conduct;
• endeavour to give every child the opportunity to reach their potential and meet high expectations;
• contribute to the corporate life of the school though effective participation in meetings and management systems necessary to co-ordinate the management of the school;
• take responsibility for their own professional development and duties in relation to school policies and practices;
• liaise effectively with parents and governors;
• take on any additional responsibilities which might from time to time be determined.
4. To fully comply with the Trust’s safeguarding policy.
5. This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. It may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post-holder will be expected to participate in this process and we would aim to reach agreement on any changes.
Teacher Pensions Scheme
Applying for the job
Please apply by completing the attached application form and returning it to the firstname.lastname@example.org address.More on how to apply