- Inner London Main Pay Scale/Upper Pay Scale with TLR (to be discussed)
KS2 Teacher with TLR for Subject Lead job summary
Salary: Inner London Main Pay Scale/Upper Pay Scale with TLR (to be discussed)
Required: September 2022
Contract/Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Location: SE3 0XX, Blackheath, London Borough of Lewisham
If you are an established teacher and have a passion for teaching KS2 and are able to deliver lessons that are exciting, engaging and inclusive then we wish to hear from you. We are looking to appoint a teacher to join our Academy and excellent Primary team, who has a desire for developing their pupil’s potential as well as taking on additional responsibilities.
Are you a determined, talented and creative teacher?
Do you have a real determination and desire to enthuse pupils with your own love of teaching?
Are you interested in providing our children with the best learning experience possible?
If yes, then we would like to offer you the opportunity to work with us here at St Matthew Academy, a high performing school where pupils flourish both academically and socially. In October 2019 Ofsted confirmed SMA as a good school where all pupils, through hard work and commitment are able to ‘let their light shine.’ We are now on the next stage of the journey to becoming a truly great school at the heart of the community we serve.
The successful candidate will be:
• Enabling every child to exceed expectations is at the forefront of all you do
• An enthusiastic and successful teacher
• Committed to ensuring high expectations for pupils, staff and themselves
• Well organised, an excellent communicator and keen to take an active role in academy life
• In sympathy with our Catholic ethos
• Fantastic pupils with enormous potential
• Staff who are supportive to each other and enjoy working collaboratively
• Personalised programme of professional development and coaching for all staff including a highly rated IMPACT programme for all teachers and a July 1st start date for ECTs
• A modern building, in a delightful setting and excellent resources
• Excellent public transport and road links across London and Kent
• Fully equipped gym and fitness suite, Season Ticket Loan, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle-to-work scheme, Tech Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme
• A strong commitment to staff well-being
We value the importance of diversity in our community and the significance of having staff that are representative of the children we teach. We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are currently under represented within the Academy.
Our school motto is ‘let your light shine’ and we ensure that we live this vision every day.
Applying for the job
To apply, please request an application form from Ellie Field at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ellie on 0207 259 8770 for more information. Your application is a permanent application to our school (not through agency), Hays is our recruitment partner for all permanent appointments.
Closing: 12.00pm, Tuesday 17th May 2022
For more information about the Academy you can also visit www.stmatthewacademy.co.uk and our Twitter account https://twitter.com.stMattAcad
*Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early for this role. The school reserves the right to close this advert early should the right candidate be found.