Fixed term (01.09.21 - 31.07.22)
Band B £18,812 - £19,562 - Term Time Only pro rata
• To assist the teacher with learning activities generally in the classroom.
• To carry out appropriate activities as planned within the classroom or with groups of pupil including administration of baseline tests.
• To display and present children’s work.
• To hear children read
• To support children to be independent by helping them with tasks
• Responsibility for visual aids.
• To prepare and organise teaching resources including the checking and maintaining of classroom equipment and materials including control of stock within the classroom.
• To prepare resources for lessons and activities.
• To assist the teacher in liaising with parents and professionals such as speech therapists.
• To assist children with personal hygiene routines.
• To deal with minor accidents and administer first aid.
• Deliver intervention programs and support the teaching in the addressing of specific targets.
• Provide feedback to the teacher on pupil achievement.
• Contribute to the overall ethos, aims and work of the school, working with colleagues to develop a positive learning and working environment.
• Promote positive values, attitudes and good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
• Liaise with parents/carers as agreed with the teacher and participate in feedback sessions/meetings with parents.
• Assist children with personal hygiene routines.
• Deal with minor accidents and administer first aid.
Applying for the job
To apply for this role please complete a SMBC application form, CV's will NOT be accepted.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school, Church of England
233 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Berkswell Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School
KS2 Teaching Assistant
Temporary contract (in the first instance) from 1 September 2021 – 31 July 2022
20 hours term time only plus INSET days
Band B - £18812.00 - £19562.00 pro rata
For September 2021
NOR 236 (including Nursery)
Berkswell CE Primary School is an ‘Outstanding’, oversubscribed, one form entry school with a strong Christian ethos and a great sense of community. We are looking for an experienced KS2 Teaching Assistant to join our well-established team from September 2021.
The Governors are looking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic teaching assistant who:
• will support and promote the Christian ethos and values of the school
• is able to support the class teacher and deliver interventions
• has recent experience of working with children in KS2
• has high standards and expectations in every aspect of school life
• is committed to working as part of our KS2 team
• has experience of supporting children of all ability ranges including SEN/EAL/AGT
• is an inclusive practitioner who firmly believes that all pupils can succeed
• is able to communicate effectively with parents/carers
• is committed to continued professional development
• a school where every individual child is of the utmost importance
• children who love school and are fully engaged in their learning
• an excellent team of supportive staff, governors and parents
• a commitment to continued professional development
• an enriching learning environment in a beautiful rural setting
Visits to the school are very much encouraged, they currently will need to take place after school following our COVID rules; please telephone the school office to make an appointment.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 17 May 2021
Interviews: Wednesday 19 May 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Arranging a visit to Berkswell Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School
Visits to the school are encouraged, they currently will need to take place after school following our COVID rules, please telephone the school office to make an appointment