Lead Practitioner Mathematics
• Spread expertise of teaching maths using engaging pedagogies across the department, developing resources, strategies and techniques and using coaching, mentoring, modelling and team teaching as appropriate.
• Work with the Head of Department and the link SLT to establish culture of professional development for all maths teachers.
• Provide expertise in developing self-evaluating capabilities within the teachers in the maths department in assessing standards of Learning and Teaching against current criteria.
• Taking a pro-active role in the identification, development, organisation and distribution of appropriately stimulating and engaging resources for delivering the KS3 and KS4 maths curriculum
• The collection, recording, analyses and distribution of up to date and appropriate data to enable staff in the department to use class profiles to identify specific needs; to track progress of students in their classes; and to enable the Head of department and SLT link to monitor the progress of groups of students against targets
Essential educational requirements
• Good honours degree or equivalent.
• Evidence of further professional development
• Qualified teacher status
Essential skills and experience
• Use IT to raise attainment in T&L and as a management tool
• Demonstrate experience of effective performance management and quality improvement within a school environment
• Collaborative teaching methods and working with colleagues in the preparation, assessment and monitoring work
• Leadership experience, including managing staff and students
• Demonstrable experience of improving student outcomes
• High quality outcomes
• A record of continuous professional and career development
• Experience as a form tutor and or/pastoral work
• Strategies to raise standards and achievement of students
The lead practitioner of maths will be held accountable for proactively developing and supporting any process, policy, system or activity that promotes the raising of attainment, attendance, behaviour or standards of provision and in particular to be accountable for:
1) Leading the Department in the absence of the Head of Department
2) Provision of CPD
3) Leading QA
4) Managing Teaching and Learning
5) Aspiration beyond the classroom
About E-Act Royton and Crompton Academy
- Blackshaw Lane, Oldham, OL2 6NT