To provide outstanding teaching and learning and leadership of Business to secure high attainment
of students. To collaborate effectively with colleagues to design and deliver an engaging curriculum.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced teacher to join Bishop Justus, a large and dynamic
Church of England community school in the busy suburb of Bromley. The position is being offered on
the Outer London Leadership pay scale.
Our school vision and ethos are at the centre of what we do, we care about and educate the whole
child, combining excellent education with a firm and moral grounding so our learners can give back
to their communities.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be an excellent Teacher of Business (experience of Economics desirable);
• Be confident teaching their subject at key stages 4 & 5;
• Have a love of the subject and desire and ability to convey this to students;
• Be enthusiastic, energetic and open to innovation;
• Possess effective communication skills and be emotionally intelligent;
• Possess effective ICT skills and be open to new uses of technology in the workplace;
• Be committed to extra-curricular activities including lunch time activities;
• Be committed to continuing professional learning;
• Have integrity, optimism and a good sense of humour;
• Hold a good honours degree along with qualified teacher status.
In return, we offer:
• A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues;
• A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do;
• A skilled and experienced team of teachers and other professionals;
• A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the students’ life chances;
• A school in which the students are enthusiastic, engaging and thoughtful.
We would be pleased to welcome you for an informal visit prior to application.
We are committed to safeguarding the young people in our care and we expect all our staff to share
this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
As an employee of the Aquinas Church of England Education Trust you are required to have regard
to the character of the Trust and its foundation and to undertake not to do anything in any way
contrary to the interests of the foundation.
Bishop Justus is committed to safeguarding the young people in our care and we expect all our staff to share this commitment.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Please complete the online application.
Visas cannot be sponsored.