- Job role
- Education support
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Key stages
- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Working pattern
- Full time
37 hours per week, 39 Weeks per year
- Contract type
- £23,541 to £25,991 (pro rata £20,135 to £22,230)
The children, staff and Governors of Ballifield Primary School are seeking to appoint an outstanding, enthusiastic, experienced, committed and caring learning mentor to work co-operatively within a supportive team.
This is a great opportunity to become part of our two-form entry primary school. Our school is committed to nurturing staff to support the development of the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to be an outstanding classroom practitioner.
• have a proven track record of working with children who are experiencing difficulties or who have additional needs
• be able to engage with and motivate children who are experiencing barriers to learning
• have experience of working with a variety of external support agencies
• enjoy fostering positive working relationships with parents/carers
• be willing to deliver parental information sessions
• be willing to work as a team player or on their own initiative
• have a sense of humour
• have a willingness to undertake further training/CPD as appropriate
• have very good communication skills both written and verbal
In return, we offer:
• Enthusiastic and delightful pupils
• Supportive parents
• A professional, committed and friendly team of staff
• An opportunity to play a significant role in the future development of the school
• The opportunity to undertake a range of professional development opportunities
Applying for the job
Please apply using the application form in the supporting documents.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.