- Fixed term (July 2023)
Learning Support Assistant (One to One Support) job summary
Our opportunity for you
We are recruiting for additional Learning Support Assistants One-One to join our team working with a named child. You will assist the child on their Moorhead journey, the role is funded directly by Derby City Council on an annual basis. Do you want to be part of a team with high aspirations who want to make a difference? Do you want to work with inquisitive children and collaborative staff? Do you value being at the heart of a vibrant city? Does this sound like your perfect job?
Then Landau Forte Academy Moorhead is the place for you.
• Hours: 32.5 a week (Monday-Friday)
• Contract: Fixed Term to July 2023
• Salary: Competitive
• Closing Date: 3rd July 2022
• Interview Date: Thursday 7th July
• Start date: September 2022
What we can offer you
• A supportive, cohesive and exciting working environment
• The chance to work with genuinely enthusiastic and happy students
• Career prospects within an innovative and ambitious Multi Academy Trust
• A meal allowance, commensurate with your working hours
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) or Teacher Pension Scheme (TPS)
• Healthcare Cash Plan, from Westfield Health
Qualifications and experience
• Experience of working with children
• Experience of working in a school / academy environment
• Level 2 LSA Qualification (or willing to work towards)
• Good numeracy, literacy, and communication skills
• Level 2 (GCSE) minimum qualification in English, Mathematics + 3 other qualifications at grade C or higher
• Good knowledge of ICT
• Able to work constructively as part of a team whilst demonstrating initiative
A Learning Support Assistant will foster the participation of pupils in the social and academic processes of the Academy, enable pupils to become more independent learners and help to raise the standards of achievement for all pupils.
Key Responsibilities will include:
Support for pupils:
• Support pupils’ learning activities, attend to additional learning needs, and help in development;
• Help with the care and support of pupils;
• Contribute to the health and well-being of pupils;
• Establish and maintain relationships with individual pupils and groups;
• Be an effective model for pupil behaviour;
• Assist pupils in carrying out schemes of work and programmes set by teaching staff;
• Support pupils’ in their individual learning and development, for example, in their acquisition of cognitive and learning skills;
• Help pupils to develop their literacy and numeracy skills, and thus to improve their attainment across the curriculum.
Support for the teacher:
• Help with classroom resources and records;
• Contribute to the management of pupils' behaviour, both in the classroom and on the playground, as required;
• Act as Cover Supervisor during teacher absence under the direction of a teacher/designated member of staff. Cover will be in accordance with the nationally agreed protocols and as provided for the Education Act 2002. (The role of Cover Supervisor will be to supervise and take sole responsibility, for short term cover only, for a class/group who are undertaking pre-planned work or where pupils are able to undertake effective, self-directed learning.
• Support the Academy curriculum, especially literacy and numeracy activities;
• Provide support for learning activities;
• Support the use of ICT in the classroom;
• Assist in the maintenance of a safe environment for pupils and staff;
• Assist in the presentation of display materials;
• Support teaching staff or senior colleagues with routine administration;
• Contribute to the planning and evaluation of learning activities;
• Assist in the record of pupils’ progress.
Support for the Academy:
• Develop effective working relationships with colleagues and parents;
• Contribute to the maintenance of pupils' safety and security;
• Review and develop their own professional practice;
• Recognise confidentiality, child protection procedures, Health & Safety, and policies of the Governing Body;
• Attend training events;
• Assist the teaching staff in the smooth transition between educational phases;
• Assist in the preparation of reports on pupils' performance, and contribute to the maintenance of pupils' records;
• Liaise effectively with parents and other parties, as required.
For your information
If this sounds like the ideal job opportunity for you, please download and read our Information
About The Trust
Landau Forte Charitable Trust is a family of six Primary, Secondary and Sixth Form Academies across the Midlands. Established in 1989, our roots as a charity lie in the global finance and hospitality industries, with our founders Martin Landau and Rocco Forte. Their values combine in how our schools look after their children and young people; they aspire to a world-leading standard of innovation, entrepreneurship, service and care.
We believe a brilliant education should be central to the development of every child and young person. Their learning, wellbeing and happiness is at the centre of every decision we take and every pound we spend.
The local area
Derby is a vibrant and exciting city, located right in the heart of the UK. The city has a developed arts and culture scene and the area has a great history. The Academy is located just a few minutes’ drive away from Derby city centre.
Derby provides great range of sports and leisure facilities and is the gateway to the Peak District. Within a 10 minutes’ drive of the city you will find yourself in the beautiful open Derbyshire countryside with unspoilt villages, historic houses and adventurous attractions.
• Derby is 10 minutes away from M1 junction 25
• London is 90 minutes away by train
• East Midlands Airport is 20 minutes away
Apply for this job
Complete the application form online
All appointments made are subject to satisfactory references and a criminal background check. Landau Forte Charitable Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.
Applying for the job
https://lfct.org.uk/vacancy/learning-support-assistant-one-to-one-support/More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)