Level 3 Apprentice Teaching Assistant required at Avalon school
due to the continued growth of our school.
32.5 hours per week 39 Weeks per year. (Term time plus INSET
days) Term time hours of work: Mon, Wed, Thur,Fri 08.45 am – 3.30 pm Tuesday 08.45
am to 4.45 pm.
Approximate annual salary £7,661 (monthly £638)
Avalon School is a special school which meets the needs of a range of students. Our curriculum focuses on the core skills, English, Maths and Phonics and we carefully support our students' communication and sensory needs.
This is a very exciting time to be joining a growing Federation. We are working in partnership with The Bridge School which is PRU within Bridgwater
We are looking for talented apprentice teaching assistants to join our
growing team of staff. If you feel you have what it takes to work with us and feel
passionate about meeting the needs of our student’s, we would very much like to
hear from you.
You will be expected to demonstrate:
- Resilience, flexibility, empathy and
- An understanding of how children and young people
with additional needs learn
- Good literacy, numeracy and ICT skills
- Have the ability
to build professional, positive and trusting relationships with children, young
people and families
Apprenticeship Summary : Advanced Level 3 Expected Duration-18 Months
- NFCE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in supporting Teaching and Learning
- Functional skills in Math and English at Level 2, If required ( exemptions apply)
- GCSE or Equivalent in English and Math ( Grade A-C/9-4) desirable
The Training provider in partnership with the employer will follow the scheme of work to provide all necessary learning in work place to fulfill the requirements of the employer occupational brief. Functional Skills in ICT at Level 2 will also be included in college days.
In return the school will offer
the successful candidate:
- Full induction program and ongoing professional
- ‘My staff shop’ benefits which include Cycle to
- Provision of free tea/coffee for staff
- Access to Occupational Health Service
Enquiries and visits are warmly welcomed, please contact Jo Stamford on 01278 496386.
Avalon School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This appointment will be subject to enhanced DBS disclosure, medical clearance, proof of the right to work in the UK and satisfactory references.
Following the acceptance of your interview, an online check will be carried out as detailed in the latest Keeping Children Safe in Education guidelines
This job post has expired.