Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
We need an enthusiastic and committed primary teacher who has the knowledge, skills and drive to make a difference to the lives of the children in our community. This post represents a real opportunity for someone to make their mark and contribute to the development of learning in our school.
Asterdale Primary School offers an excellent learning environment for our children; nurtured by a friendly, enthusiastic and supportive school team who believe our pupils deserve the best. We strive to ensure our pupils perform to their full potential.
We are looking to appoint a creative, experienced and enthusiastic teacher who:
• Is an excellent practitioner, with high expectations and who uses this to deliver engaging teaching which promotes effective learning.
• Has some experience of teaching in Lower Key Stage 2.
• Has an innovative and exciting approach to learning.
• Has the ability to reflect on and develop their own practice.
• Is willing to play a key role in the development, delivery and enrichment of our curriculum.
• Is a well organised and a proactive team player who will make a positive contribution to our school team.
The successful candidate will enjoy:
• Happy and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn.
• Working with a close, friendly, dedicated and supportive team.
• A fantastic newly built school building.
• Excellent, spacious outdoor areas, including an on-site forest school, eco provision and the development of a Multi-Use Games Area (May 2021).
• On-site provision for before and after school care (Asterdale Acorns).
Applying for the job
Please see the supporting documentation - job vacancy information, job description and person specification and apply using the Odyssey Collaborative Trust application form, including supporting information of no more than 2 sides of A4. Completed documentation can be emailed to Mrs Forrest (Headteacher) using the email email@example.com or posted to the school FAO Ms Karen Forrest, Headteacher, Asterdale Primary School, Borrowash Road, Spondon, Derby, DE21 7PH.
The closing date is Wednesday 5th May at 12 noon.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
237 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Asterdale Primary School
Asterdale Primary School is a well-established, one form entry school benefitting from a new build facility. We are located on the outskirts of Derby, set within the community of Spondon. We are popular and over-subscribed, with our own on-site Nursery and excellent outdoor facilities. We nurture and care for our school community and pride ourselves on our high standards. We are looking to recruit a talented teacher to join our friendly and supportive team.
We are part of the Odyssey Collaborative Trust Academy, a group of 7 schools within Derby who formed in April 2019.
Arranging a visit to Asterdale Primary School
Visits are welcome to the school at the following times:
Thursday 22nd April at 4pm
Monday 26th April at 4pm
Thursday 29th April at 8am
Please call Mrs McLocklin or Mrs Strecker in the School Office (01332 662323) to arrange an appointment or email Mrs Forrest (firstname.lastname@example.org).