This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
20 March 2023 at 12:49pm
27 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 1.0FTE
What skills and experience we're looking for
Teacher of Mathematics
1.0FTE - MPS / UPS
Start Date – September 2023
Frome College is looking to appoint a full time Teacher of Mathematics. This is an excellent opportunity for a committed, highly motivated Teacher of Maths or an ambitious Early Careers Teacher. You will join and be supported by a successful Maths Faculty with outstanding outcomes and with a commitment to supporting all new teachers through a comprehensive ECT induction programme. The experienced, talented and innovative Maths team at Frome College have created year on year improvements in academic outcomes, both at KS4 and KS5. Students cite Maths teachers as giving them excellent support throughout the academic year and particularly through their external exams.
The successful candidate will:
- be an outstanding teacher (or ECT aspiring to be outstanding)
- ability to teach A-level would be an advantage
- have a passion for their subject and helping students succeed
- teach inspirational lessons consistently
- be innovative, creative, enthusiastic – able to deliver results
- be proactive and promote positivity
- work effectively as part of a team, with strong organisational and communication skills
- have a great sense of humour and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
What the school offers its staff
We offer the successful candidate:
- opportunity to be part of a strong community and supportive workforce.
- a calm and welcoming environment which enjoys a large amount of green, open spaces.
- supportive induction programme and CPD opportunities.
- free parking.
- onsite catering and nursery.
- ‘My Staff Shop’ benefits – including Cycle to Work scheme.
- discounted access to leisure centre including gym and pool (located next to the college).
Frome College is a successful, vibrant, and forward thinking 13-19 Upper School with approximately 1200 students. It is a fast-moving school undergoing exciting and rapid regeneration. We are based on a stunning campus in easy reach of Bath and Bristol. Frome itself is a thriving market town, with a vibrant artistic community with the renowned Frome Festival, monthly Sunday market and many restaurants and 2 theatres, one of which is on campus.
Closing Date: Thursday 23rd March 2023 8am
Visits to school are welcome, please contact the recruitment dept to book an appointment.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Frome Community College
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 13 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1267 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 13 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Frome Community College website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01373 465353
Frome College is a successful, vibrant and forward thinking 13 - 19 Upper School with approx. 1100 - 1200 students. It is a fast moving school undergoing exciting and rapid regeneration. We are based on a stunning campus in easy reach of Bath and Bristol. Frome town itself is a cultured town with many restaurants, 2 theatres (one of which is on site) the renowned Sunday market and a cinema.
Arranging a visit to Frome Community College
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email FCCRecruitment@fromecollege.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Frome Community College
Bath Road, Frome, Somerset, BA11 2HQ
Kingsbury Green Academy
White Horse Way, Calne, Wiltshire, SN11 8YH
King Arthur's School
West Hill, Wincanton, Somerset, BA9 9BX
Salisbury Road, Shaftesbury, Dorset, SP7 8ER
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Somerset, Bath and Bristol