Midday Assistant at Portfields Primary School
11:30 am - 13:30 pm Monday to Friday term time only.
10 hours per week (Paid for 43.89 weeks per year)
Portfields Primary is a happy and welcoming school for all. Our children are enthusiastic and eager to learn, and in developing enquiring minds and a love of learning, we will create the strong foundations for future success. Our values BRIDGE the future for all who are part of the Portfields family.
About the role, you will
- work together with other school staff and the wider community to ensure that our ethos and values are translated into action
- supervise the dining hall and classrooms, whilst encouraging healthy eating, table manners and good hygiene
- promote positive behaviour, safe play and model games in the playground environment
We are looking for a Midday Assistant who:
- has a calm, consistent and caring approach and enjoys working with children
- will help set up and clear up dining areas
- can work as part of a loyal team
- is reliable and a supportive member of the team
- can respond quickly to the needs of the children
We can offer you:
- friendly, supportive and collaborative team of staff who want the very best for each child
- a working environment in where all staff are valued and appreciated
- enthusiastic, well-behaved children and supportive families
- rewarding career progression opportunities and regular training
- a well-being package including access to medical, mental health and specialist support
This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their skills in a caring and supportive school. While the ideal candidate will be someone who has experience of working with children previously, it is not essential.
Visits to the school are encouraged. If you wish to arrange a visit, discover more about this exciting opportunity, need any further information or you would like to have an informal discussion, please contact the school via email@example.com or call the school on 01908 616060
Closing date: 8th December 2023 Interview: Thursday 14th December 2023
Portfields Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all governors, staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS along with other relevant employment checks, including overseas criminal background checks, where applicable. All new governors, employees and volunteers will be required to undertake safeguarding training on induction that will be regularly updated in line with statutory guidance.
Portfields Primary School is an equal opportunities employer and therefore operates no restrictive policies in relation to protected characteristics. It is the wish of Portfields Primary School to appoint the most suitable candidate from all the candidates offering themselves for appointment.
This job post has expired.