- Early years, KS1, KS2
- MPR / UPR
Music Lead/Teacher job summary
We have a fabulous opportunity to steer the music curriculum, performances, and peripatetic music lessons at our large three-form entry school located in Eastleigh.
Due to the departure of our current music teacher, we are looking for a passionate and highly skilled music practitioner to deliver a high-quality music curriculum across our school, including lessons, assemblies, productions and extra-curricular activities. Music has always been an integral part of our school life and we wish to maintain the high provision we offer our children.
This is an excellent career opportunity for someone who is passionate about the entitlement of young people to have a rich experience of music throughout their primary education. The successful candidate will be joining a friendly and welcoming school with excellent music facilities, which include our brand new music and drama studio.
The successful candidate will:
* Have a passion for music,
* Have a clear vision for promoting music within the school,
* Have a willingness to organise and lead extra-curricular clubs and activities relating to music,
* Be an inspirational teacher,
* Have high expectations of children’s achievements,
* Be willing to view this opportunity as a chance to develop professionally,
* Be flexible to meet the needs of the school,
* Be energetic, enthusiastic and have initiative,
* Have excellent interpersonal skills and be a good team player,
* Have a good sense of humour.
We can offer you:
* A school that invests in the whole child with recognised strengths in Music,
* Joining a team of energetic, talented, and supportive staff, committed to achieving the best for all children,
*Excellent music facilities, resources and a bespoke music studio and practise rooms,
*Commitment to your professional development, both internally and through external providers,
* Wonderful, hardworking, well-behaved children who are keen to learn,
* Supportive parents and governors,
* A passion and proven record of growing and developing leaders,
* An inclusive school with an excellent reputation for high standards.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.