The First Federation Trust, a Multi Academy Trust of 20 primary schools, is seeking to recruit a Teaching Assistant for Portesham CE Primary School to work across the school to support teaching and learning across both key stages. Experience of phonics is essential; experience of Read, Write Inc would be advantageous. This role is for 32 hours per week, although there may be some flexibility on this for the right candidate. This post is term time only until 31st August 2024 initally.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and highly motivated individual with experience of phonics to work alongside the class teacher across all areas of the curriculum.
- To deliver targeted interventions.
- To promote inclusion through the development of social skills, language and emotional well-being.
- To work under the direction of the class teacher and liaise with other professionals both within and outside the school
- You will be expected to show a high degree of initiative and be able to react to given situations with integrity and compassion
You will be expected to show a high degree of initiative and be able to react to given situations with integrity and compassion. There is an element of Mealtime Assistant cover within this role.
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to work within a progressive and forward thinking multi academy trust
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension through Local Government Pension
Should you require more information about the position, please contact the School Administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01305 871283.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post. Our Child Protection policy can be found on the school's website https://www.portesham.dorset.sch.uk/ All shortlisted applicants will be subject to an online search.
The closing date is Friday 3rd November at midday. Interviews will take place w/c 6th November.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.