Primary Teacher (Mixed Age Year 1/2)
There is currently an exciting opportunity for an experienced, inspirational and innovative teacher to join our successful, motivated and passionate team at St Paul’s, teaching a mixed Y1/2 class, 2 days per week (Monday and Tuesday).
We are seeking someone who is:
• Sympathetic to the aims and ethos of our Catholic school
• An outstanding practitioner, or someone who wishes to develop outstanding practice
• Excellent knowledge of the curriculum
• Well organised with high expectations of achievement and behaviour
• Able to inspire, challenge and motivate all learners
• Hardworking and able to work successfully as part of a team
• Be willing to contribute fully to the life of the school
We offer the successful candidate:
• An outstanding school
• A committed and dedicated leadership team
• A friendly and supportive team of highly skilled staff
• Children with excellent behaviours and attitudes to learning
• Extremely supportive parents and governors
• A commitment to continual professional development.
Shortlisted candidates will be observed teaching prior to selection for interview. Applicants are warmly welcome to visit the school prior to the closing date - please contact us to arrange an appointment.
Our school is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
The successful candidates will be required to sign the CES contract.
All applications must be completed using the CES application form. CES application forms and further details are available directly from us. Please telephone 01625 877688 or email email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 21 October 2019, 10.00 am
Interviews: Thursday 24 October 2019
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
•Excellent classroom practitioner
•Ability to teach a wide range of subjects
•Use effectively a variety of teaching and organisational styles
•Contribute to curriculum development, including shared leadership of specific subjects
•High expectations of all students and a commitment to raising their educational achievement
•High expectations of children’s behaviour
•Excellent knowledge of statutory National Curriculum
•Knowledge of strategies that enable the teacher to teach mixed ability pupils within the same class and provide work which is differentiated to cater for the entire ability range
•High level of organisational and planning skills
•Work effectively as part of a team, relating well to colleagues, pupils and parents
•Demonstrate equality of opportunity for all pupils
•Respect for confidentiality of information concerning individual pupils and ability to use discretion in circumstances of disclosure
About St Paul's Catholic Primary School, A Voluntary Academy
- Marley Road, Stockport, Cheshire, SK12 1LY
- St Paul's Catholic Primary School, A Voluntary Academy website (opens in a new window)