We are looking for a new Principal to join us at Harris Academy Chafford Hundred, an Outstanding academy based in Thurrock, Essex, to start in April 2024.
As well as maintaining our academy's standards of educational excellence and strong community connections, you will also have oversight of Chafford Hundred Teaching School Hub which delivers the golden thread of professional teaching development for all the schools in the designated areas of Southend, South Essex, and Thurrock. We are part of a wider network of Teaching School Hubs nationally, with a vision to strengthen school improvement through effective partnerships with every school in our region. With the Harris Federation being a founding member of the National Institute of Teaching (NIoT), we are at the forefront of evolving teacher and leader development by using cutting-edge research to inform the design and delivery of our high-quality professional development programmes.
The successful applicant must have a proven track record of school improvement, and have gained successful previous experience in leading, or as part of, an SLT to transform a school and raise outcomes. We are looking for a strong communicator who can demonstrate strengths in engaging with and inspiring staff, students and parents of the local community. You will provide the leadership and management necessary to secure high quality teaching and learning to further raise standards of achievement.
We are looking for an experienced senior leader who ideally has:
- Qualified Teacher Status, Degree, Further relevant professional studies
- Relevant Further Degree or NPQH
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of current curriculum developments and how pupils learn
- Leadership in curriculum development and in monitoring and evaluation strategies
- Proven track record of raising attainment in an urban, multi-ethnic environment
- Track record of raising standards in English and Mathematics and good knowledge of raising standards in Literacy and Numeracy
Harris Academy Chafford Hundred is an outstanding school with an excellent reputation. It is an oversubscribed 11-18 school where staff are supported to become the best through an investment in excellent professional development.
We are proud to be a part of the Harris Federation, the leading multi-academy trust in the country, and you will be joining over 80 highly experienced school leaders, all of whom are committed to working together to transform lives across London and Essex. We have a reputation for investing in and developing successful senior leaders; our track record of performance demonstrates the impact our academy leaders have on delivering transformative change.
Whether you are an experienced Principal or looking to progress to Principalship, this role could be for you. If this will be your first Principal role, we will give you all the support you need to succeed including individual mentoring from an established Executive Principal. For experienced school leaders, we can provide you with clear development pathways to Executive Principalship, including the opportunity to complete your NPQEL.
To discover what being the Principal of Harris Academy Chafford Hundred could offer, and to explore whether this opportunity would be the right fit for you, we welcome informal conversations and requests to visit the academy this half term; see for yourself the brilliant staff, students, and community you would be a part of.
As Principal, you will need to provide the leadership and management necessary to secure high quality teaching and learning to raise standards of achievement.The Principal's effective leadership will result in an academy where:
- There is a positive ethos that reflects the Academy's commitment to high achievement, effective teaching and learning, and good relationships
- Staff, governors and parents have confidence in the leadership and management of the Academy
- Staff and governors recognise their accountability for their tasks and contribute fully to the development and successful implementation of policies and practices
- The life of the Academy and the curriculum effectively promote students' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and prepare them for adult life
- Effectiveness is kept under rigorous review, and links with the wider community contribute to students' attainment and personal development
- Efficient and effective use is made of staff, accommodation and resources
- Delegated responsibilities to ensuring that finance and administration are effective, and the carefully costed development plan is focused on improving educational outcomes
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.