Are you a nurse, an armed forces Medical Assistant or another medical or care practitioner or do you simply have experience helping people with medical needs? Whatever your experience, if you are keen to work in a school supporting children with their medical needs then we want to hear from you!
The salary advertised is indicative but may be increased depending on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Why work at Miltoncross Academy as our medical and welfare officer? Well It’s a vibrant, busy and exciting place to work where rarely are two days the same. The role is term time only, thus allowing a really healthy work, life balance. For an excellent candidate, hours could have a degree of flexibility; for instance the role could fit around school drop offs. Miltoncross is an 11-16 academy at the heart of its community that has very high aspirations for all of its staff and students. We operate by the core values of Work Hard. Be Kind. No Excuses in order to foster a learning community where everybody values each other and everybody values the power of learning.
We offer a supportive and collegiate working environment where we all have the same goal - outstanding learning for children. We are now one year into building a fresh, optimistic and sustainable culture where staff and students are always fulfilled because they know that they are doing their best work for the right reasons. Our systems and structures are designed to liberate staff and students, freeing us all up from the challenges of uncertainty and relentless workload which in turn enables creativity, excitement and essentially, it makes coming to school enjoyable for all! To understand this better, do ask to read our Blueprint for Brilliance which outlines everything we do, why and how. This could really help you make an informed decision about whether this is your next career move or not. We think it should be! Staff and students enjoy their days in excellent modern buildings with superb facilities.
As the Medical and Welfare Officer for the academy you will:
- Assess first aid problems presented by pupils and staff, taking appropriate action in the event of an emergency and communicating with staff and parents as necessary.
- Keep an up to date record of accidents and incidents, including details of injuries, make any required RIDDOR reports for accidents at work, review for patterns and report to the Health & Safety Leader.
- Be responsible for administering prescribed drugs which are necessary to be taken by pupils during the school day, ensuring that parental consent is obtained and recorded.
- Maintaining the medical register.
- Be responsible for the safe-keeping of prescribed drugs in a locked cupboard.
- Carry out stock audits of all first aid boxes and first aid kits throughout the school and ensure they are replenished.
- Maintain stocks and order medical supplies and equipment in order to ensure adequate emergency medical resources exist within the school.
- Co-ordinate, administer and maintain Individual Health Care Plans and risk assessment for pupils with specific medical needs in conjunction with parents, the SEND Team and any other relevant health care professionals. Ensure these are communicated to relevant staff members.
- Work with the Attendance Officer and Year Teams to support pupil attendance in school.
- Co-ordinate all government led immunisation programmes.
- Ensure teaching and support staff have appropriate awareness and understanding of the common medical conditions in the school.
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
TKAT is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit. This includes applications from individuals wishing to work full time, part time or on a flexible basis.
This job post has expired.