SCIENCE TEACHER - CHEMISTRY SPECIALISM
MPS1 - UPS3 NEGOTIABLE
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for a committed and passionate teacher to develop their career in a brand-new school and to leave a lasting legacy for the community we serve. Whilst being fully supported by the infrastructure of a highly successful Trust.
We are looking to appoint a Science Teacher with a specialism in chemistry to Join our expanding science department, who is energetic, committed, and excited about producing an outstanding generation of young people who will not only transform their own life chances but make the world a better place. Having a strong subject knowledge the successful candidate will work closely with the Head of Department and Subject lead in delivering an exceptional curriculum whilst quality assuring all lessons are fit for purpose.
Prince Albert High is unique because it is one of the very few secondary schools where the incoming year 7 students and their families are well-known by our school. This is because the vast majority of our students come from multi-academy trust’s primaries. As the school enters its third year, you will have the opportunity to shape the school community and your career at Prince Albert High as the school grows.
Prince Albert High opened in 2021 with a year 7 cohort and you will be joining us in the fourth year of our journey as we welcome a fourth intake of students. We place bespoke professional development and support at the heart of all we do. We are relentless in the pursuit of excellence for all our stakeholders and firmly believe in the coaching model. Our mission is that through working together we aspire to achieve:
- An exceptional education for all our pupils in all our schools
- Exceptional people – to have the best team working with and for our pupils, through investing in the growth and development of our staff.
- An exceptional infrastructure – to have buildings, equipment, systems, processes, and policies that enable excellent education.
- Sustainability and growth – to be a resilient, nimble, and financially and environmentally sustainable organisation with sound financial management and strong governance.
The successful candidate will be:
- A dynamic, inspirational, and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with high expectations of themselves and others
- Fully committed to learning, high-quality teaching and raising standards of all students
- Passionate about your subject; able to inspire and motivate students and staff.
- Committed to ensuring all students reach their potential.
- Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges, whilst maintaining your sense of humour and care for young people
- Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working
- A role model for our students and staff
- With direction from SLT and within the context of the school’s curriculum and schemes of work, plan and prepare effective lessons.
- Design and quality assure an outstanding business studies curriculum.
- Aspire to create enrichment opportunities for students to study additional aspects of the subject beyond the core curriculum.
- Ensure students acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught.
- Ensure that all students achieve the least at chronological age or level or, if well below level, make significant and continuing progress towards achieving at chronological age level.
We can offer:
- An iPad for all teachers
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Exceptionally supportive staff and leadership
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn
- An opportunity to be a historic founding member of staff at a truly unique school in an already exceptional MATA highly supportive leadership team and executive team invested in your growth and professional development
- A working culture that promotes diversity, equality, and social justice
- A caring working environment where your welfare is of paramount importance
- An opportunity to develop your leadership skills with an eye towards senior leadership in the future
- A well-resourced, hard -working and supportive team
- Excellent care and support for all staff
- Comprehensive induction and on-going opportunities for professional development
- A positive and stimulating learning environment which values the contribution of all staff
- Commitment to School Teacher’s pay and conditions
- Free car parking on site
- Opportunities for promotion and progression
As a PACT employee you will have access to benefits listed below:
- Subsidised Private Health Care package
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discounts and cashback
- Free and confidential advice, information, and counselling service
- 2.5 well-being days
The PACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
To discuss this role further or to arrange a visit to the school, please contact the PACT HR Team via HR@the-pact.co.uk.
Further information about the school our outcomes and philosophy can be found on our School's website.
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form available via the link here
“This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role”
Closing date: 20th February 2024
Shortlisting date: 22nd February 2024
Interview date: W/C 4th March 2024
This job post has expired.