Science Teacher with Head of Year Responsibilities
This job expired on 21 March 2023
Job start date
1 September 2023
21 March 2023 at 8:47am
13 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Sciencejobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
- AAT Main or Upper depending on skills and experience
TLR1.1 which is £8,706 per annum
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for a Head of Year/Science Teacher who:
- has a passion for their subject and the ability to make their subject come alive with inspirational and interactive lessons which challenge and support all pupils to secure the best outcomes.
- Is an excellent classroom practitioner with strong subject knowledge.
- demonstrates ambitious standards and has high expectations for all pupils ensuring that there is a robust curriculum and assessment framework underpinned by a strong extra-curricular provision.
- has a record of raising standards across key stages 3 and 4.
- Has excellent organization skills
- can drive forward strategic priorities and translate these into practical actions.
What the school offers its staff
- An opportunity to live and work in the beautiful county of Dorset with excellent links to travel across and enjoy the beaches and countryside of the West Country.
- A thriving school community with extensive facilities.
- A creative and innovative culture keen to explore new ways of working to meet fresh challenges and exploit opportunities.
- A Trust wide strategy to support mental health and well-being with a ‘champion in every academy.
- The benefits of working in a highly collaborative multi-academy trust including opportunities to work with leaders in other Ambitions academies.
- Excellent personal career development – our culture is to promote from within the Trust as much as possible.
- Access to a Microsoft training package to enhance software expertise to support the outcomes of the academy and trust
- A bespoke online safeguarding package.
Further details about the role
Ambitions Academies Trust (AAT) comprises schools from all sectors: mainstream (primary and secondary) and special. AAT secures outstanding achievement and improved life chances of all our pupils. All our Academies have high expectations as the focus of their work. We are strongly committed to supporting colleagues in developing their careers further and offer excellent CPD opportunities.
Are you looking
for your next challenge? Do you relish the chance to support colleagues to take
rapid and sustained school improvement? If so, we have the perfect opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to join St Aldhelm’s Academy within Ambitions Academies Trust. Dynamic, forward thinking and absolutely committed to changing the lives of all young people, we are seeking a new colleague who will share our inclusive and positive ethos.
Our mantra, ‘High Expectations lead to High Achievers’ applies to
everyone who is involved in the academy, whatever their role and we place a
strong emphasis on staff well-being.
This role can provide excellent preparation for a subsequent move to Senior Leadership which the successful candidate may be aspiring to in the next few years.
We are a truly comprehensive school located in the heart of our community. There are high levels of respect, support and kindness across our staff team and senior leadership.
Please submit your
application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment as AAT reserves the
right to close applications early
Please note we DO NOT accept application by CV
Ambitions Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Rigorous checks will be made of the successful applicant’s background credentials, including enhanced DBS checks and an online search
High Expectations lead to High Achievers
About St Aldhelm's Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 791 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- St Aldhelm's Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
A mixed comprehensive school with approximately 700 pupils on roll, in years 7 to 11. Part of Ambitions Academies Trust and located in the beautiful county of Dorset.
Arranging a visit to St Aldhelm's Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email Charlene.Crack@staldhelms-academy.co.uk.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole and Dorset, Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole