- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, part time, job share
5 days a week: each day will include 5 hours of contact time in groups of two to three pupils plus preparation / planning / teacher liaison time as required.
A job share would be considered for the right candidates.
- Contract type
- Fixed term (January to July 2022 (24 weeks))
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- c. £41,000
- Actual salary
- £900 per week / £180 per day
Required for January as part of the school’s Covid recovery programme to support disadvantaged children across the school. The successful candidate will liaise with the class teachers to focus on areas that each child within the tutoring programme needs to develop and will be both Maths and English based.
Each day will include 5 hours of contact time in groups of two to three pupils plus preparation / planning / teacher liaison time as required.
The successful candidate should have the following:
• QTS with at least 2 years’ experience in a primary school setting
• An understanding of delivering curriculum material to individuals and small groups
• The ability to collaborate with others to identify key themes for the tutoring programme
• The ability to work autonomously and plan activities for the children to be tutored
• Flexibility to adapt materials according to how needs present themselves in tutoring sessions.
This role is fixed term in the first instance from January to July 2022, due to confirmed DfE funding for 2021-22 – with the possibility to extend the term depending on future funding agreements.
Primrose Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required.
Applying for the job
Please complete the attached application form and return to the School Business Manager, Julia Chalfen at Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Monday 6th December 2021 at 12pm noon.
Interviews: W/c 13th December 2021.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.