- £30,416 - £45,767
SEN Teacher job summary
SEN Support Teacher
Pay Scale: £30,416 - £45,767 + SEN Allowance £2,271
Grade: (M1 – M9)
Hours: Full time
Start Date: September 2022
Cranford Park Academy is a large, highly successful school in West London. The pupils come from a wide range of cultural, language and religious backgrounds, all contributing to the positive ethos of this large primary school.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher with experience and interest in supporting children with Special Educational Needs. The successful candidate will work with groups and individual children and be accountable for SEN paperwork related to the phase of school they are directed to support. They will be part of a close-knit inclusion team comprising of helpful, friendly staff.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our highly professional team. As well as offering a very supportive ethos, the school encourages further development of skills and knowledge and first-rate professional development opportunities. If you are an outstanding practitioner, are keen to develop your SEN teaching skills and enjoy working as part of a team, we are looking for you.
Duties will include
• Giving advice and planning to ensure all learners they support make good or better progress, including those mostly in class.
• Showing initiative in breaking down barriers to learning.
• Be able to organise Learning Support Assistants effectively.
• Being a good communicator and joining year team meetings to keep abreast of new concerns..
• Adapting and writing plans to support children in SEND literacy groups who are struggling to understand the texts used in class.
• Writing reports and making applications for Education, Health and Care Plans
• Liaising with outside agencies and ensuring their recommendations are being carried out.
• Having a sensitive and professional approach to meeting with parents.
• Keeping up to date with the paperwork designed to monitor attainment and progress and be thorough in reviewing the interventions in place.
• Promote the welfare and safeguarding of some of the more vulnerable pupils.
For the right candidates, we will offer
• Extensive support and CPD;
• The opportunity to work with other professional colleagues across the Multi-Academy Trust;
• A welcoming school, with friendly, enthusiastic and supportive staff team;
• An ambitious and dynamic Senior leadership Team;
• A dedicated Governing Body;
• Supportive parents and children who are keen to learn;
• Counselling benefits
We warmly welcome candidates coming to visit the school prior to application. Please visit the school website for an application form.
Closing Date: As and when we receive successful applications.
“The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Check with a check of the DBS Barred List”.
SEN Allowance £2,271
Applying for the job
Please complete the application form below.Download an application form - 47.2 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.