£33,383 - £42,559 pro rata
We are looking for a candidate who:
• Commitment to promoting the Christian designation of the school
• Commitment to getting the best outcomes for pupils and promoting the
ethos and values of the school
• Commitment to equal opportunities and securing good outcomes for pupils
with SEN or a disability
• Ability to prioritise effectively
• Commitment to maintaining confidentiality at all times
• Commitment to safeguarding and equality
Candidates should have:-
• Qualified teacher status [note: this is a requirement under the SEND Code
• National Award for SEN Co-ordination, or a willingness to complete it within
3 years of appointment, starting the course within the first year [note: this is
a requirement under the SEND Code of Practice]
• Teaching experience
• Experience of working at a whole-school level
• Involvement in self-evaluation and development planning
• Experience of conducting training/leading INSET
• Sound knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice
• Understanding of what makes ‘quality first’ teaching, and of effective
• Ability to plan and evaluate interventions
• Data analysis skills, and the ability to use data to inform provision planning
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to build effective working relationships
• Ability to influence and negotiate
• Good record-keeping skills
This post may include a TLR
Applying for the job
Apply using our Application Form only. Please email this to the contact email by the deadline.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Free School, Christian
182 pupils enrolled
5 to 11
About Emmanuel Community School
Emmanuel Community School is situated in the heart of Walthamstow, we are a Christian school, seeking to serve our diverse and vibrant local area. We welcome children of all faiths and no faith to our caring and friendly school community.
Having opened as a new school in September 2012, we received our first ever Ofsted report in July 2014. The report acknowledged the school to be good with outstanding features. More recently, in December 2018, Ofsted visited us again, and found that our school continues to provide a good standard of education and that safeguarding is effective. We are excited about building on this strong foundation as we seek to move to outstanding in all areas.
Arranging a visit to Emmanuel Community School
Please contact Miss Joseph to arrange a school visit.