SENCo - Extended Leadership Team KS3-KS5 job summary
To start: 1st January 2023 (or sooner if possible)
Full or part time considered. We will also consider applicants willing
to undertake the National Qualification for Special Educational Needs
The Headteacher and Governors of this successful and diverse school
are looking to recruit a dedicated and enthusiastic SENCo.
The school are looking to appointment someone with extensive
experience of supporting children with a range of SEND. The candidate also
needs to have leadership experience in an educational setting as they will be
a vital part of the Senior Leadership Team and will lead the school inclusion
We are looking for:
- An experienced and qualified teacher with extensive experience of
SEND or a willingness to gain the relevant qualification
- A candidate with current knowledge of SEND development and the SEND
Code of Practice.
- Someone with excellent knowledge and understanding of safeguarding.
- Leadership skills and someone who can lead, motivate and inspire
colleagues to continually achieve excellence and raise standards for all groups
- A positive and forward thinking outlook.
- Someone with the ability to prioritise, plan time and organise
- Someone with the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues,
students, families and external professionals.
- Someone who is passionate about inclusion and in meeting the needs
of all young people.
We can offer you:
- A strong supportive ethos where everyone is valued
- A vibrant and inclusive school
- Fantastic students, families, staff and governors
- A diverse community, rich in local resources and partnerships
- A commitment to support your professional development
- A highly rewarding place of work
- A well resourced learning environment, including specialist
resources for students with complex physical needs.
Visits to the school prior to interview are warmly welcomed. Please
contact Lizzie Hodgson at the school if you would like to arrange a visit
Closing date for applications: 7th October 2022
Interviews will be held during the week of 17th October
Please contact Mrs Lizzie
Hodgson for further information at email@example.com
Applying for the job
Thank you for taking time to read and digest our information. If you wish to apply for the post of SENCo at Ralph Thoresby School, then you should:
•Complete fully the attached application form, ensuring all details are accurate and all declarations are signed. Please ensure you enclose two professional referees with one being your current employer (with email addresses if possible). Do not enclose additional CVs.
•Support your application with a word-processed covering letter detailing how your experience and qualifications fit the role of SENCo (2-sides A4 maximum – Arial 11 point).
•Submit your letter and application form to be received by Friday 7th October by 12noon at the latest.
Please address all return mail to;
Mrs L Hodgson - Resources Manager
Ralph Thoresby School
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 131 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.