- MPS/ UPS + TLR 2A (£2,930)
SENCO job summary
Fulltime Permanent position (non-class based): September 2022 start
Are you able to inspire others around you? Do you understand how to develop strong relationships with pupils, parents and staff? Are you looking for opportunities to develop your leadership potential?
We are looking for a full time SENCO with a passion for helping all children to succeed to join our team. This position is non-class based.
Gatton Primary School is a three-form entry school, in a rich, culturally diverse community in the heart of South London. The school is a modern, purpose-built building with a dedicated sports hall and a swimming pool. We are a friendly, hardworking and welcoming Muslim faith school where working relationships are a strength. Our children are well mannered, inquisitive with a real love for learning.
As an outstanding school, we offer a broad and rich curriculum that includes a wide range of creative activities including PE delivered by a specialist teacher. We place a great deal of emphasis on inclusion for all children and their pastoral needs. As a school, we pride ourselves in building supportive relationships with all our stakeholders to achieve the very best for our children.
We are looking for an experienced or aspiring SENCO to work full time.
We are looking to appoint someone who:
• Is an experienced classroom practitioner with strong organisational skills who can provide highly effective support to members of staff.
• Has high expectations for pupil progress and achievement.
• Is passionate about meeting the needs of children with SEND and other vulnerabilities.
• A person with experience in building strong relationships with parents, staff and a range of professionals.
• Has already been awarded or is in the process of achieving the NASENCO qualification.
• Has a flexible approach towards the role.
• Support the Muslim ethos of Gatton school through their personal conduct and professionalism
For our successful candidate, we can offer a school with:
• An experienced, friendly and supportive SLT and teaching team
• Continuous Professional Development tailored to individual needs
• Well behaved and eager to learn children
• Warm and friendly staff, pupils and parents
An Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. Alternatively, these can be found from the school website: www.gatton.wandsworth.sch.uk/vacancies.
For further information contact Ms Shazia Nabi on 020 8682 5570 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 16th May 2022 (at noon)
Interviews/Task: week commencing 16th May 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. We strongly advise you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
Gatton Primary School
(Voluntary-Aided Muslim Faith School)
13e Broadwater Road, Tooting
London, SW17 0DS
Tel: 020 8682 5570
Fax: 020 8682 5576
Head teacher: Mr Majid Ishaque
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Gatton (VA) Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Muslim, ages 4 to 11
- School size
- 585 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
Gatton is a large VA Muslim primary school in South London with excellent transport links.
The school is currently undergoing expansion to 3 forms of entry. We are housed in modern accommodation with excellent facilities including a large gym and a swimming pool. Our pupils are motivated learners who are well supported by our hardworking, friendly staff. You are sure to receive a warm welcome!
Arranging a visit to Gatton (VA) Primary School
If you feel you have the experience and skills to apply for this role, we highly recommend that you contact the school office and make an appointment to visit the school. We would love to show you around.