About The Role
Are you highly passionate about education and supporting children with special educational needs and
Are you an experienced teacher with experience of teaching children with SEND?
If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Hamstel Juniors is a large junior school in Southend with amazing children, staff and facilities.
looking to welcome a new SEN teacher to our happy team.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Plan and teach groups of children with SEND needs to support their knowledge and understanding
of the core subjects.
• Conduct key SEND assessments to support the SENDCo
• Maintain, order and develop resources pertaining to SEND for staff/pupils to use.
• To support the teachers with the writing is ISP plans, including EAL plans across the school and
quality assure those plans
• Provide support and guidance to teaching staff around strategies for those pupils SEND including
team-teaching where applicable.
• Liaise with key agencies including parents around all areas of SEND
As part of Portico Academy Trust, Hamstel Junior School can offer you:
• A friendly and supportive atmosphere where everyone is valued and everyone matters.
• An environment with wonderful children, that promotes inclusivity
• High quality professional development
• Support and coloration across our Trust
• A well resourced school
You can find out more about the school on our website and visits are encouraged. If you would like to
learn more about Hamstel please contact the school office at email@example.com and a
member of our team will arrange a time for you to come and see us.
Full details of the interview process
will be sent to those candidates that are shortlisted.
For an application pack (if you are unable to download details and an application form), please contact Mrs
Rebecca Sanderson, Director of HR, Portico Academy Trust, Ronald Hill Grove, Leigh-on-Sea, Essex SS9 2JB
Telephone: 01702 987890 x310
Please include a cover letter with your application form, commenting on how you feel you meet the
person specification criteria and providing an insight into your relevant experience.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all
staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check
and shortlisted candidates should be aware that the school will consider carrying out online searches as
part of the due diligence on short listed candidates.
Closing date: Friday 8th March 2024, 12 noon
Interviews: Thursday 21st March 2024
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Visas cannot be sponsored.