Senior Cover Supervisor and Behaviour Support Co-Ordinator
Twynham School, Christchurch, Dorset
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£17,079 to £19,235|
To supervise and support students who are engaged in learning activities during the short-term or unforeseen absence of their usual class or subject teacher. The preparation of work will have already been set by the teacher. Additionally to administer and supervise daily centralised detentions.
Essential educational requirements
Minimum 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English (or equivalent)
A-Level or equivalent Level 3 qualifications
2:2 Degree or higher
Essential skills and experience
- Very good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Experience of working with relevant age groups within a learning environment.
- Experience of working with children with additional needs.
- Experience of general clerical/ administrative work.
- Training in relevant strategies in appropriate curriculum or learning area.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- An understanding of classroom roles and responsibilities.
- Good working knowledge of relevant policies and codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with pupils, treating them equitably with respect and consideration.
- Ability to understand the roles of parents and carers in pupils learning and demonstrate ability to liaise with parents and carers sensitively and effectively.
- Ability to successfully complete first aid training as required.
• Teacher Pension
• Cycle to work scheme/Computer Scheme
• Wellbeing Programme
|School size||1749 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Twynham School website (opens in a new window)|
Sopers Lane, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 1JF