- Grade K NJC 32-36 (£36,371 - £40,578) Full Time Equivalent
Shared Finance Manager job summary
Shared Finance Manager
Grade K NJC 32-36(£36,371 - £40,578) Full Time Equivalent
Full time (37 hours per week), 52 weeks per year
Part time (reduced hours or weeks) applications considered
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the Inspiring Futures through Learning (IFtL) Multi Academy Trust team as Shared Finance Manager. The post-holder will be an integral part of the senior management body of the Corby schools within the Trust. The successful post holder will support the co-ordination of business services across the Corby schools, ensuring the provision of strategic direction, detailed planning and operational management of all non-teaching functions is taking place with efficiency and best value.
Key Objectives include:
• Work closely with the group of local managers to ensure effective day to day management of the Corby schools.
• Support the development of the local schools, including budgeting for school improvement.
• Full line management of the School Bursar at each of the Corby schools, including responsibility for recruitment, performance management and disciplinary/grievance issues.
• Lead with others to promote efficiency and value for money across the schools.
• Report into the Head Teachers and strategic leaders (Governors) on the financial position of each school through attendance at Governor board meetings.
• Responsibility for each school’s budget and report monthly management accounts to the Financial Controller.
• Ensure compliance against the Trust Financial Policies and accounting system are operated effectively.
• Provide detailed analysis and evaluation of financial data and produce detailed reports/information for as required.
• Work within the agreed asset management plan, ensuring that each school’s maintenance expenditure is being targeted to priority areas.
• Work closely with the central Trust Team to coordinate priorities
• Be an integral part of each school by being part of the SLT.
• Be a key point of contact between IFtL and local schools within the Trust, ensuring effective communication.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a recognised school management qualification or equivalent at least to NVQ level 4 or a recognised accountancy qualification.
• Have experience of building school budgets and finances
• Have experience of staff and team management
• Have experience of computer based financial management systems and proficiency in standard IT packages, particularly word processing and spreadsheets
• Be able to demonstrate competencies in:
o Planning and organising work – ability to respond appropriately to deadlines and changing priorities
o Planning capacity and resources- ability to assess needs and plan resource requirements for lengthy periods in excess of 2/3 years
o Using initiative – initiating and driving through change in partnership with senior school management and IFtL.
o Managing risks – awareness of child protection guidelines as they impact upon the non-teaching functions within the school.
o Managing people – Full management responsibility for the School Bursars across the IFtL Corby schools.
This role will be supported by the central IFtL team including the Head of Operations, Human Resources and the Finance Department.
With schools across Corby, some travel between locations is expected however, the role will be primarily based at Exeter School, Brayford Avenue, Corby, Northamptonshire, NN18 8DL.
As part of the Inspiring Futures through Learning Multi Academy Trust, successful candidates will have full access to our staff benefits package, including a bespoke CPD package through ITT, enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave, Employee Assistance Programme and LGPS Pension. In addition, access to an Employee Benefits Scheme including discount on gym memberships, cinema tickets, retail discounts, cycle to work scheme and much more.
To apply, please visit the Trust recruitment page and complete the online application on MyNewTerm
We would welcome you to have a conversation about this role with our Financial Controller, Emma Matthews or Chief Financial Officer, Robert Tite. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 29 June 2022
Interviews: w/c 4th July 2022
Inspiring Futures through Learning is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. All vacancies are subject to enhanced DBS disclosures. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Applying for the job
To apply, please go onto the school website by using this link:
More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
Click on the advert and you should be able to complete an application form on MyN-ewTerm.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Exeter A Learning Community Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 2 to 11
- School size
- 532 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 11
Shared Finance Manager (Trust) Based in Corby
The Shared Finance Manager will be an integral part of the senior management body of our schools around Corby. The Shared Finance Manager will support the coordination of business services across the Corby schools (there are currently three), ensuring the provision of strategic direction, detailed planning and operational management of all non-teaching functions is taking place with efficiency and best value. You will work alongside the trust team with opportunity to support and be part of the wider trust finance operations.
• Full line management of the School Bursar at each school, including responsibility for recruitment, performance management and disciplinary/grievance issues.
• Work closely with central Trust teams and resources including Head of Operations, Human Resources department, IT and Finance Department.
• Advise, lead and negotiate on behalf of the schools in external matters such as contracts, procurement, funding bids; regularly deal with a range of complex whole school finance.
• Support the Financial Controller in ensuring statutory reporting requirements are fulfilled
• Contribute to the school improvement plan
• Manage the implementation of school administrative, financial and related policies and procedures; developed analytical, judgmental or creative skills required to interpret varied and potentially complex information or situations, including whole school budget preparation and planning, support service monitoring.
• Reports to Financial Controller and is a member of the senior leadership team in each school. Contributes to and develops strategic initiatives and involves significant decision making affecting the local schools.
• To adhere to school, Trust and national authority’s guidelines and exercise professional discretion at all times.
• Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
• Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
• Attend relevant meetings
• To maintain confidentiality
Inspiring Futures Through Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All employees are expected to share this commitment, to follow the Trust’s safeguarding policies and procedures and to behave appropriately towards children at all times, both in work and in their personal lives.
All school based posts are defined as Regulated Activity and therefore this post is subject to an Enhanced with Barred List Criminal Records Bureau check.