Specialist Music Teacher
17 days remaining to apply
Start date details
Required September 2023
15 June 2023 at 11:59pm
23 May 2023
- Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Part timejobs - Part time
- Fixed term - Fixed Term Contract in the first instance
- Main/Upper Pay Scale
What skills and experience we're looking for
Are you passionate about teaching music? Would you like to make a marked difference to our school community with a particular focus on improving the life chances and life choices of all our children? If so, then we would welcome an application from interested, dedicated, highly skilled and enthusiastic candidates.
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional, talented, and inspiring Music Teacher and we welcome applications from experienced teachers.
You will have experience of:
- Playing at least one musical instrument to a high standard
- Setting high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.
- Planning and teaching well-sequenced lessons.
- Monitoring and being accountable for pupils’ attainment, progress and outcomes.
- Setting high expectations of behaviour.
- Communicating effectively with parents with regard to pupils’ achievements, well-being and extracurricular activities
- Making a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of a school.
What the school offers its staff
We can offer:
- An exciting established and relevant music curriculum.
- Excellent career advancement continuing professional development opportunities.
- An inclusive and collaborative whole school community with the arts at the heart of it.
- A warm, welcoming and creative environment, with an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and committed team.
- Polite, happy and engaged children with a great enthusiasm for learning.
- Supportive parents and governors committed to our school ethos.
Further details about the role
Visits are very much encouraged and/or initial phone conversations with Dionne Morris our Headteacher. Contact the school to arrange a visit by phone on 020 8672 3480 or by email@example.com . For more information about the school, please visit our website:www.furzedown.wandsworth.sch.uk
An Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below.
applications are to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Thursday 15th June 2023
Interviews: Applications will be reviewed upon receipt.We reserve the right to close the position once a suitable applicant is appointed.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Furzedown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS clearance.
Telephone: 020 8672 3480
Headteacher: Mrs. D. Morris
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to email@example.comDownload an application form - 207 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Furzedown Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 367 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Furzedown Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 020 8672 3480
Furzedown Primary School and Nursery is situated in Tooting, South West London in the borough of Wandsworth. We are a two form entry primary school catering for a diverse group of children from a varied and rich background. We provide a safe secure setting that aims to educate the whole child.
Arranging a visit to Furzedown Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
PE and Sports Coach (Fixed term – two years)
Hotham Primary School
Charlwood Road, London, SW15 1PN
Wells Primary School
Barclay Oval, Woodford Green, Essex, IG8 0PP
West Hill Primary School
5 Merton Road, London, SW18 5ST
St Mary's Farnham Royal CofE Primary School
Church Road, Farnham Royal, Buckinghamshire, SL2 3AW
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London