The role and
- Monitoring, mentoring, and supporting
targeted groups of students under the direction of the Head of Year;
- Working with parents, colleagues and external
agencies to ensure individual and year group attendance continues to
- Working with parents, colleagues and
external agencies as appropriate to ensure student well-being;
- Following the school’s agreed procedures
in cases of safeguarding and/or child protection issues;
- Working to ensure that students feel able
to communicate concerns and report problems, and that appropriate and
effective action follows;
- Responding to parental and student
concerns from the school’s concerns helpline;
- Investigating and dealing with day-to-day
incidents involving students;
- Participating in monitoring student
behaviour through report systems and pastoral support plans;
- Providing a visible presence around school
at all times, particularly break and lunchtimes and building up positive
and supportive relationships with students;
- Liaising with parents in matters
concerning student welfare;
- Attending relevant meetings with students,
staff, parents and outside agencies as appropriate and as required (may be
outside working hours).
candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum standard of GCSE (grade A*-C) or
equivalent, in English and Maths
- A good sense of humour, enthusiasm and a
- Recent and relevant experience of working
with young people
- Experience of improving student behaviour
- The ability to work well both individually
and as part of a team
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Strong ICT skills and SIMS proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
school offers all its staff a range of benefits including:
Appraisal – The opportunities to achieve
enhanced increments for outstanding achievement and progress in lessons.
CPD – An extensive programme including
the opportunity to apply for Master’s Degree in Education and NPQML/NPQSL. The
school also closes early on alternate Mondays in order for staff to participate
in training much of which is faculty based.
Cycle to Work Scheme – lease a bike and
safety equipment as a tax free benefit through our salary sacrifice scheme.
Employer Pension Scheme – Teachers
Pension Scheme (Teachers). Local Government Scheme (Support Staff).
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
This job post has expired.