Subject Leader of Music
An exciting opportunity to work at Hampstead School, working with the teams within to deliver an appropriately broad, relevant & differentiated curriculum for our students. Hampstead School offers outstanding employee support and CPD.
What we offer:
• The school has invested heavily in music, with the recent opening
of a suite of brand new purpose-built classrooms and practice
• As a people-centred organisation, we offer an outstanding
employee support package
• Hampstead School has an amazing record of professional
development leading to rapid career progression at all levels.
We need you to be:
• Experienced with a vision to develop the music element of our very
successful Performing Arts Faculty.
• Committed to inspiring and motivating our students through the
• A team player with excellent subject knowledge and ability to
teach through to A Level
• A leader with strong communication skills wanting the best for
• A cracking teacher with proven outcomes, enthusiastic and
optimistic in your approach
Essential educational requirements
Relevant degree/ PGCE or equivalent
Relevant degree/ PGCE or equivalent
Essential skills and experience
Successful teaching experience at:
(i) a school or
(ii) on teaching practice
• Imaginative and able teacher with the ability to engage and relate to students of all ability
• Evident skills of communication both verbal and non-verbal
• Knowledge of how students learn and the range of teaching and learning styles that may facilitate effective curriculum delivery
• As a people-centred organisation we offer an outstanding employee support package
• Hampstead School has an amazing record of professional development leading to rapid career progression at all levels.
• Bike to work scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
About Hampstead School
Hampstead School is Camden’s largest maintained comprehensive School, educating 1335 students (including 285 in our stand-alone Sixth Form). The school is oversubscribed with a waiting list in all years, admitting 7 forms of entry from over 70 primary schools. Founded in 1961 as a mixed comprehensive school, Hampstead School has remained firmly committed to inclusive and nurturing education; quality of relationships based on respect and responsibility underpin all our endeavours. This continues to be epitomised in our motto “Learning Together Achieving Together”. Reflecting our part of North West London, Hampstead School’s intake is predominantly from the local areas of Kilburn, West Hampstead, Cricklewood and Willesden. Our learners represent the diversity of our communities with over 70 languages spoken by our 50%+ bilingual students. The school has been almost completely rebuilt over the past 5 years with our modern inspiring facilities offering a vibrant and brilliantly equipped place to work and study. Ofsted noted that “Staff really like working at the school. They feel valued and very well supported. This is an exciting, dynamic place to work, and its vitality greatly benefits the pupils. Our equally diverse staff is well supported and encouraged to achieve their career aspirations. They share their passion for learning and commitment to delivering outstanding education to our students through our Kaizen approach. Consequently, we are proud of our terrific record of staff development, second-to-none, whereby posts arise because of the excellent career progression that teachers at Hampstead School experience. Our package includes: Our own school Teaching & Learning Professional Development (weekly), Professional on site coaching, Further bespoke CPD through Camden Learning, Thorough New Qualified Teacher (NQT) programme and strong track record of working with Teach First, Teaching Leaders and Future Leaders, Support for your well-being through our well-being team, and 24/7 Access to a personal employee assistance helpline, Access to counsellors, occupational health and mental health practitioners on-site, Free eye care vouchers and annual onsite free flu jab, Salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work, Family friendly absence policies such as paid time-off for primary school plays, child-care emergencies and house moves, Guarantees to work-life balance such as no expectation of excess presenteeism or to open e-mails out-of-school hours, Hampstead School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhance DBS check, Hampstead School is close to Cricklewood Thameslink Station and close to the triple transport hub of West Hamsptead stations (Tube; London Overground; Thameslink). A number of buses stop close to the school including the C11 at the dedicated Hampstead School bus stop.
- Westbere Road, London, NW2 3RT
- LA Maintained School
- Hampstead School website (opens in a new window)