- Fixed term (31/08/2023)
- £25,714 - £41,604 per annum
Teacher job summary
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated class teacher, passionate about the curriculum and standards, who will join us in bringing learning alive for our children through inspirational and dedicated teaching. The successful candidate will also be committed to promoting the highly effective work of our three-way federation.
The successful candidate will be placed in a class according to their strengths so we welcome applications from primary teachers whose specialisms and expertise lie in any of the key stages (or across a range of age groups). We have a team of experienced teachers across our federation and are well-placed to support an NQT or someone in their early stages of a teaching career. We hope to appoint an applicant with some experience in mixed-age classes.
You will be joining a dedicated team in a forward-thinking and outward-looking group of schools within a caring community atmosphere and will share our passion to achieve the best possible outcomes for all our pupils. We have been judged as ‘good’ by Ofsted and SIAMS and are committed to our own continuous improvement.
The successful candidates will demonstrate:
• Inspirational, inclusive teaching strategies
• A good understanding of the National Curriculum
• Very high standards and expectations of pupils
• Excellent strategies for giving children quality, real-time feedback that develops their knowledge, skills and understanding
• Ability to promote all-round excellence
• Excellent organisational skills and a commitment to school policy and practice
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills at all levels
• In-depth understanding of teaching and pedagogy
• A passion for life-long learning
• Outstanding classroom practice and a track record of high pupil achievement
• The ability to work as part of a team
• Drive, passion and a sense of humour
• Strong commitment to continued professional development
In return, we offer:
• A clear vision for school improvement
• Highly motivated pupils
• Improving standards and a vibrant approach to the new curriculum
• Excellent professional development
• A highly skilled, creative, committed and energetic staff team
• A highly skilled, dedicated and supportive governing body
• Strong partnerships with parents and other schools through the Swaledale Alliance
If you feel that you meet these criteria and are interested in joining our team, please download an application pack from our website:
Alternatively, you can request one by e-mailing Mrs Karen Raven (BAWBadmin@b-a-wb.co.uk).
A virtual tour of school may be arranged by contacting Mrs Raven (based at Askrigg) on 01969 650331.
Please return all applications via email to Mrs Karen Raven (BAWBadmin@b-a-wb.co.uk).
The BAWB federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People and ensuring that employees are suitable persons to work with them. Please read our guidance on this.
Enhanced DBS is required.
Executive Headteacher – Miss Charlotte Harper
Location – Bainbridge, Askrigg, and West Burton, North Yorkshire
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Askrigg Voluntary Controlled Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 4 to 11
- School size
- 45 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
Welcome to the BAWB Federation website: Bainbridge C of E, Askrigg VC, and West Burton C of E Primary (and nursery) schools.
Our schools are located in the picturesque villages of Bainbridge, Askrigg, and West Burton in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Our schools are happy and vibrant places with high aspirations and expectations for all our children. We work actively with our parents and community to ensure that we provide the best educational experiences for our children. At Bainbridge and West Burton our Christian ethos underpins the life of the schools and is the basis of our excellent relationships with our parents, local communities and churches.
We combine the children of all three schools to optimise class sizes and take advantage of the features of each unique site. Please visit our ‘classes’ page (click here) to see our current structure which may change year-on-year as we respond to changes in cohort sizes.
Our website contains a wide range of regularly-updated information and we hope you enjoy browsing. Please note that, due to Covid-restrictions, our website photos are outdoors only; these will be updated over time. Please feel free to contact us if you would like further information.
Thanks to The Elm House Trust for their kind donation which enabled us to build this website and maintain it for three years.
Charlotte Harper, Headteacher