Teacher - English
We are looking to appoint dynamic, committed and enthusiastic teachers to join the school as it enters its next phase of development. Whether continuing or starting your teaching career,
joining RTS will provide a unique once in a lifetime opportunity to contribute to shaping a new school from scratch. We are seeking individuals who:
● are motivated by strong moral purpose and ambition for every single student
● are passionate about their subject specialism
● are genuinely committed to teamwork
● have substance and credibility as a teacher
Essential educational requirements
● Good Honours degree
● Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
● Relevant teaching experience or teaching practice in the subject.
● Experience of teaching a wide range of abilities.
The school is well placed for excellent transport links whether travelling by foot, cycle, car, bus or train.
● There are ample secure cycle racks for staff to use (as well as staff showering facilities on site), as well as access to a ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme.
● The site also has a secure, controlled access car park for staff to use with direct access to the A316.
● The school is well served by local bus routes in all directions; and is within easy walking distance to Twickenham train station, which is in Zone 3 and well served by South Western Trains. The station is currently undergoing major redevelopment with a new station building and access due to open by Spring 2020.
There is a focus on developing community and positive staff wellbeing through
● Quiz nights;
● Free yoga and relaxation sessions;
● Staff-led fitness;
● Staff ‘pique-nique’ events;
● Seasonal gatherings;
● Free tea and coffee in the light and airy staff social room
Continuing professional development has a strong focus. There is an extensive programme available which extends to internal and external specialists, as well as partnerships with other educational and business providers.
Reciprocal school visits are encouraged with existing arrangements already in place.
● Membership of a pension scheme is available.
● The school has a two-week Autumn half-term break.
● RTS is proud of its well-established links within the community and has an active PTA. We welcome and encouraged local businesses and groups to join us during the annual Summer and Christmas Fairs.
About The Richmond upon Thames School
We have already established a vibrant, inclusive school that provides an excellent experience for every member of its community. With 450 students across Years 7, 8 and 9 and next year growing to at least 600, the years which follow promise to be a very exciting time. Until 2021, when we are full, we will continue to grow into our permanent building and new sports centre. The school is uniquely situated on the Richmond Education and Enterprise Campus with Clarendon Special School, Capella House School, Richmond Upon Thames College, and from 2022, the Haymarket Media Group. By the time the College moves into their new building in Spring 2020, our founding Year 7 will be coming to the end of Year 9 and looking onward to their chosen Key Stage 4 programmes of study.
- Egerton Road, Twickenham, Middlesex, TW2 7SL
- Free School
- The Richmond upon Thames School website (opens in a new window)