- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Key stages
- Early years, KS1
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Until the end of December 2022)
- Main Pay Scale
Airy Hill Primary School
Maternity Cover Teacher – Until December 2022
Start Date 24th January 2022
Are you looking for a new challenge?
As we strengthen our team, we are looking for a special person to teacher year 1 pupils at our school.
Airy Hill Primary School is a leading school in our area and we are proud to take our wonderful children from the West, Centre and surrounding areas around Whitby. We are a member of a group of schools (West Cliff, Airy Hill, Lealholm, Castleton and Glaisdale) in Whitby, known as the Yorkshire Endeavour Academy Trust (YEAT).
YEAT is also nationally designated an ‘English Hub’ which delivers excellence in early language and phonics teaching in reception and KS1.
We work hard to provide a high-quality learning experience and a calm, purposeful and enjoyable learning environment.
We are looking to appoint a KS1 Teacher to start from January 2022 to cover a maternity cover. The post is until the end of December 2022 and we actively encourage NQT’s who have placement experience within KS1 to apply.
We are looking for:
• A skilled professional who has an engaging and dynamic style of teaching within a KS1 class.
• Someone who has the drive and ambition to make sure our children achieve their very best, and promotes academic excellence.
• A teacher with a flair and passion for primary education who will embrace working and teaching in our school.
• Work well as part of a school team
We can offer you:
• Delightful children who respect each other, have a thirst for learning new things and a staff culture which allows everyone to thrive and develop.
• Opportunities to further develop your craft and a leadership team that will support your ideas and use school resources to help your career aspirations.
• Children who love being here and in their words ‘Teachers make learning such fun.’
The closing date for the post is Thursday 9th December 2021at 9am, with interviews planned for Wednesday 15th December 2021.
Visits to the school can be arranged for Tue 30th Nov, Thu 2nd Dec and Mon 6th Dec at 4pm.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Applications forms and further details are available to download from our website or from the NYCC job advert. Please don’t click apply on the advert as you will need to complete the Trust application form.
For an informal conversation about the role please contact Garry Morrison at Resourcing Solutions (North Yorkshire County Council) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07869719069
Our school is committed to safeguarding children; this post will require an enhanced DBS check and suitable references. Your motivation and suitability to work with children will be assessed at interview.
Applying for the job
Application form to be completed and returned to Garry Morrison
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.