Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Art and design
Will consider full-time, part-time, job share
Teachers' Pay Scales
We wish to appoint an excellent teacher to join our successful and heavily oversubscribed 11 – 19 school. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, inspirational and enthusiastic teacher with a passion to enthuse students to enjoy and achieve in Art.
We are looking for a suitably qualified teacher of Art who can demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and has a genuine enthusiasm for working with young people. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving and highly valued department with an experienced and supportive team. The department is well-resourced and offers a broad range of courses at both pre and post 16, working with a wide range of media across all year groups. Student numbers continue to grow within the subject area with excellent results year on year.
We would welcome applications from newly qualified teachers or experienced practitioners.
Applying for the job
Please submit applications via TES (click "more on how to apply"). More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
1588 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Highfields School
As a department we offer:
• Dedicated art classrooms
• Facilities for Ceramics including a Kiln
• 1-1 student devices with editing software
• Opportunity to teach from KS3 to A Level
• A wide range of courses to suit our students’ needs including Fine Art and Photography
• Strong budgets to support experimental classroom practice
• Excellent student progress and results
• Experienced and supportive staff
• A creative and collaborative working environment
As a school we offer:
• A vibrant and exciting comprehensive school which is culturally and ethnically diverse
• Excellent examination results
• Outstanding student progress
• Well behaved students who are eager to learn
• Supportive parents who want the best for their children
• A large Sixth Form
• Modern and stimulating teaching facilities
• Excellent CPD opportunities at all levels
Arranging a visit to Highfields School
We strongly encourage prospective applicants to visit the school before applying. To arrange a visit, or to discuss this vacancy further, please contact Mr D Brittle, Head of Design, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01902 556530.