Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Design and technology, Food
Will consider full-time, part-time
M1 to UPS3 £25,714 to £41,604 (subject to any pay award)
Teacher of Design Technology - Food Technology Specialism
M1 to UPS3 (subject to any pay award)
Required September 2021
Responsible to Line Manager Curriculum Leader of Design Technology
We are delighted to offer the opportunity to join St. Cecilia’s RC High School, a popular and growing school in the edge of the Ribble Valley.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified practitioner of Design Technology.
They will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with a drive to improve the life chances of young people through education.
The role is to develop and implement a successful well sequenced and interleaved curriculum which enables all students to make at least expected progress and provides an enjoyable learning experience for all that goes beyond school life.
The successful candidate will be joining a thriving and growing school which has recently been judged ‘good’ by Ofsted in October 2019 and in September 2019 we welcomed 109 pupils for 93 places.
The Governors and Senior Leaders are committed to your professional learning with a culture of research and reading and the heart of what we do, including staff well-being and work load.
The successful candidate will be supported via a well-developed, bespoke professional learning package appropriate to their individual needs and aspirations.
The successful applicant:
• Will be an excellent practitioner
• Must be able to motivate, challenge and inspire pupils to succeed in Design Technology
• Must be committed to improving the outcomes for all pupils
• Will have high expectations of themselves and the pupils
• Will have excellent communication skills and the ability to develop and improve practice in themselves and others
• Must be passionate about the Design Technology curriculum
• Will be up to date with relevant pedagogy and apply this to their teaching
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Degree or equivalent
Deadlines for application - Monday 17th May at 3pm
Proposed Interview date - Friday 28th May
Applying for the job
Please complete the Catholic Education Service. Only this application form will be accepted. Closing date Monday 17th May at 3pm
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.