1. Appropriate qualifications (e.g. degree in Design Technology)
2. Successful teaching experience up to GCSE (or practice) in Design Technology in secondary schools (A Level Product Design is desirable)
3. The ability to demonstrate managerial and administrative skills within the classroom.
4. Knowledge of National Curriculum requirements in the teaching of Design Technology.
5. Evidence of in-service training relevant to this post.
6. The ability to demonstrate an understanding of curriculum development.
7. A willingness to contribute to extra-curricular activities.
All teachers at St Saviour’s & St Olave’s work together in the interest of all of our students. They relish the challenge and appreciate the opportunities of working in an inner city, comprehensive, Church of England girls’ school. They share the vision for delivering a broad and balanced curriculum which allows all students to flourish. They demonstrate commitment to the highest levels of achievement for students of all abilities and from all backgrounds.
1. To teach Resistant Materials to KS3 & KS4, Food to at least Key Stage 3 level and Product Design: 3D Design to Key Stage 5 under the direction of the Head of Department.
2. To participate in the planning, development and implementation of schemes of work to satisfy the requirements of the National Curriculum.
3. To undertake such duties as shall from time to time be delegated by the Head of Department.
4. To make a positive contribution to the development of the work of the department.
5. To share in the organisation and running of the extra-curricular activities of the department.
6. To be responsible for the marking and assessment of work in line with departmental policies.
7. To teach, promote and be active in the delivery and use of ICT as part of the Design Technology curriculum.
Additional Specific Responsibilities
1. To be Form Tutor if so required and to carry out the related duties in accordance with the general job description of Form Tutor
1. To carry out a share of supervisory duties in accordance with published rosters.
2. To participate in appropriate meetings with colleagues and parents relative to the above duties.
school is committed to the safeguarding of children and all our appointments
are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. We are committed to equal
opportunities and are a living wage employer.
This job post has expired.