Teacher of Design Technology
Deadline is tomorrow
Job start date
1 September 2023
31 March 2023 at 9am
7 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
Full-time equivalent salary
- M1-6 (£28,000 - £38,810) /UPS 1-3 (£40,625 - £43,685)
What skills and experience we're looking for
The Hazeley Academy is seeking to appoint a passionate teacher of design technology with an ability to teach across all levels, including KS3, 4 and 5. The successful candidate will have a real drive to deliver exciting and innovative lessons and will be keen to contribute to the development of design technology within our academy community. You will also have a determination to assist in and help develop participation and interest in extracurricular activities.
The post is ideally suited to an energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate design technology teacher who wants to work with talented young people within a fully supportive team. Possessing a secondary creative subject would also be advantageous.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of teaching key stage 3 and 4, with scope to develop into teaching key stage 5.
- Have secure subject knowledge and knowledge of exam specifications
- Have a love of their subject and be involved in extracurricular activities
- Support the design technology team in developing schemes of work
- Have high regard for their learning environment and resources
- Be passionate about their own professional development.
What the school offers its staff
What we can offer you:
- A friendly and supportive working environment which is very well-resourced and supportive of professional development.
- To be part of a design technology department which strives for the best outcomes and experiences for its pupils, through all ages and abilities.
- Work with an award-winning, inspiring subject leader.
- The opportunity to teach across all Key Stages
- Enthusiastic, hard-working students who are grateful for the education and opportunities they receive.
- A commitment to your professional development with a 5-year career flight plan
5 Dimensions Trusts Academies are consistently ranked amongst the highest-achieving schools in
Milton Keynes. We are on a mission to make our Trust the very BEST place to work and study and
place the wellbeing of our staff at the forefront of our actions.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Hazeley Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1591 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Hazeley Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Arranging a visit to The Hazeley Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Malcolm Arnold Academy
Trinity Avenue, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN2 6JW
Teacher of Design & Technology
Moulton School and Science College
Pound Lane, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN3 7SD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes