Teacher of Drama
This job expired on 23 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
23 March 2023 at 11:59pm
8 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Dramajobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full and part-time options available
- View all Part timejobs - Full and part-time options available
- M1 - U3
What skills and experience we're looking for
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- The ability to teach Drama up to A Level
- A passion for the Arts
- A portfolio demonstrating their work.
- A high expectation for students of all abilities
- Forward thinking disposition, creative, receptive to change and able to work within and contribute to the continual development of the team.
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery.
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
- An Arts related degree and the ability to teach Drama up to A level.
- A willingness to work both independently and collaboratively for the benefit of students.
- Involvement in the extra-curricular programme
What the school offers its staff
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop through mentorship and coaching.
- Onsite parking.
- Onsite canteen which is open to staff all day
- An opportunity to be part of a supportive and forward-thinking team
- A range of opportunities outside of work to socialise with colleagues
Further details about the role
The Blandford School is seeking to appoint a highly motivated Drama teacher to join our thriving and supportive school. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to teach Year 7 to Year 13 Drama and Performing Arts, including GCSE, BTEC and A Level, and contribute to our extra-curricular programme. Subjects in the faculty are highly valued and popular with students, performance outcomes in Drama are excellent. The school also offers a range of extra-curricular opportunities in the arts, culminating with an annual production in the Tivoli Theatre in Wimborne each year.
WHY CHOOSE US
The Blandford School is a successful and oversubscribed 11-18 comprehensive school with high aspirations for our students, situated in the beautiful county of Dorset, 30 minutes from the beaches of Poole and Bournemouth and 40 minutes from the New Forest National Park. With outstanding modern facilities including 2 purpose built drama studios, dance studio, music rooms with a recording studio, well equipped school hall with excellent technical equipment, and dedicated staff, our students achieve above the national average and progress to a wide range of destinations, there are a number of leavers who are now pursuing careers in the arts.
The school has an excellent CPD programme based on the latest research evidence to ensure that all teachers, no matter their level of experience are able to develop and improve.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Blandford School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1082 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Blandford School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01258 451121
The Blandford School is a successful school with high aspirations for our students, situated in the beautiful county of Dorset. The school has outstanding modern facilities and inspirational and dedicated staff, and embraces the opportunity to engage with new initiatives to continue to drive improvement.
Arranging a visit to The Blandford School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Bournemouth School for Girls
Castle Gate Close, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH8 9UJ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Dorset, Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole