- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, part time
Full or part time hours considered for suitable candidate
- Contract type
- Fixed term (1st January to 31st August 2022 initially, covering a maternity leave)
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- Main or Upper Pay Scale (salary range £26,948 to £42,780)
- Actual salary
- Depending on the part-time hours agreed with successful candidate (confirmed at interview)
TEACHER OF FRENCH & ITALIAN to cover a maternity leavea
Main or Upper Pay Scale (including London Fringe Allowance)
Required for January
Part-time hours considered for suitable candidate
What are we looking for?
• An inspiring and motivational teacher who can enthuse and engage students to achieve their full potential
• A committed individual who wishes to add to the success of the Modern Foreign Languages department by implementing their own ideas and strategies and embrace creativity, innovation and the very best practice in teaching
What can we offer you?
• Due to an excellent track record in languages, which has been recognised by the Department for Education, the school is a Hub School for Modern Foreign Languages and is one of only nine schools nationally to be awarded this status. As the lead school in our local hub, the school shares best practice with a small group of other schools and establishes ourselves as a centre of excellence for MFL pedagogy
• For NQTs - An extensive and tailored NQT programme with in-house support from a designated Mentor
• A commitment to continuing professional development
• Support for teachers wishing to complete a Masters in Education
• Accelerated pay progression for exceptional teachers
• Opportunity to teach to A-level
• A commitment to providing teachers with excellent resources, clerical support, LSA support and a disciplined environment
• We are an 11 – 18, co-educational, friendly and heavily over-subscribed all ability Academy with high standards and high expectations
• Situated just north of the M25 close to the train station with a fast service to London and Cambridge
• We have just moved into our new £30m purpose built new school, adjacent to our previous school
• “You are ambitious for pupils and have high expectations of them. Consequently, you do your utmost to ensure that all pupils are well supported to meet the challenging targets you set” (Ofsted November 2017)
We are an Equal Opportunities employer. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects anyone applying to work in our school to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring service.
Includes the London Fringe Allowance.
Applying for the job
Please apply by completing a copy of the school's application form and emailing, with your letter of application, to the following email address: email@example.com
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1314 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About The Broxbourne School
We have recently moved in our new £30 million school, adjacent to the previous school.
Broxbourne is situated in Hertfordshire close to the A10 about 5 miles north of the M25. The school occupies a large attractive site in the Green Belt. The school is about a fifteen minute walk from Broxbourne Station from where there are trains to London Liverpool Street, Cambridge and Hertford. The school receives pupils from Broxbourne, Wormley, Hoddesdon and Cheshunt and the surrounding villages.
Arranging a visit to The Broxbourne School
Please contact the Headteacher's PA.