Teacher of Humanities
The Castle School, Taunton, Somerset
|Subjects||History, Geography, Religious Studies|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £35,618 per year (full-time equivalent)|
|Newly qualified teacher||Suitable|
The Castle School is looking to appoint a high-quality Teacher of Humanities to start in September 2020. Both full and part time applications are welcome.
At The Castle School we are fortunate to have students who are motivated and enthusiastic about learning and taking part in the huge range of enrichment on offer. We have very high expectations of ourselves and of our students. We invest heavily in our staff and have a superb reputation for outstanding support and development for teachers, particularly for NQTs. There are great career opportunities in working across the Trust and within our Partnership of four secondary schools.
You should be a committed and high quality teacher wishing to join extremely effective and supportive departments. NQTs and experienced teachers are equally welcome to apply.
The successful candidate will be privileged to work with highly professional and enthusiastic teachers. You will:
• Enjoy high quality professional development that will support you to be outstanding and exemplary. Our aim is to help every teacher not already on UPS, to achieve that.
• Have opportunities to progress in your career should you wish, including opportunities to apply for special school projects at Strategic Leadership level, and participation in a variety of excellent programmes for your development.
• Have opportunities to work with and in other schools.
• Enjoy the positive atmosphere and supportive ethos of The Castle School and Court Fields School.
• Work with some of the best staff in the UK who are here to help and support you. We believe we are a team and all want the best for our children and each other.
• Have a teaching load of appropriate to the position.
• Enjoy the friendship and interaction with a vibrant and dynamic staff.
- Teacher of Humanities Letter and Job Description.pdf  0.21 MB
|School size||1188 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||The Castle School website (opens in a new window)|
Wellington Road, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 5AU