Teacher of IT & Computing
This job expired on 5 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
5 June 2023 at 5pm
23 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Computingjobs, View all ICTjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full Time - All Year Round (32.5 hours per week)
- MPS 1-6
What skills and experience we're looking for
We have an exciting, new role as a Teacher of Computing and IT at the academy for a newly qualified or an experienced individual.
Are you a skilled and enthusiastic teacher of Computing and IT? Do you have a passion for helping students discover the power and potential of technology? If so, we want to hear from you.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic teacher to join our team and inspire the next generation of computer scientists, programmers, and IT professionals. As a teacher of Computing and IT, you will have the opportunity to lead exciting and innovative lessons that engage our students.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Relevant degree and teaching qualifications
- Proven experience teaching IT & Computing
- Strong subject knowledge
- Experience of iMedia is desirable.
- Commitment to student welfare and safeguarding
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to consistently model outstanding teaching and learning.
- Genuine passion and belief in the learning potential of each student
This is a fantastic opportunity for an IT and Computing teacher who is committed to inspiring and motivating students through their innovative and engaging teaching style.
What the school offers its staff
Harborne Academy can offer:
- Excellent modern facilities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- A friendly and supportive learning environment
- A vibrant and exciting academy which is culturally and ethnically diverse
- Members of the Education Staff Wellbeing Charter
- A highly supportive Senior Leadership Team
- 1 paid absence staff day per academic year
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme, Virtual GP, Stress Coaching
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Harborne Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 595 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Harborne Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Harborne Academy students have access to brilliant teaching and a wealth of fantastic extracurricular experiences from the moment they start in Year 7 to when they leave us in Year 11, ready to start the next chapter of their education. We place literacy and a love of reading at the heart of our curriculum and have a fantastic library and cosy reading room to support our students to read in a comfortable environment. We make sure that students are nurtured to reach their full academic potential with support for those who need it and we offer an ambitious and challenging curriculum to stretch our students and ensure high aspirations. We are lucky to have the University of Birmingham on our doorstep and we take full advantage of the opportunities they can offer our students through mentoring and lectures to stretch our most able students. The academy values the arts and invests within these faculties through their facilities, equipment and staffing. One of our investments is in the Hippodrome Education Network (HEN) which allows us to provide our students exposure to professional workshops, as well as live action shows at the theatre, and a cultural capital that can rival any other. As a result, the Performing Arts faculty is going from strength to strength and students’ talents are showcased in a variety of performances throughout the year, including a musical extravaganza in the summer term. The Creative Arts faculty is not left behind with our new kiln allowing us to offer our very popular pottery lessons. Students can also now enjoy 3D Design in the curriculum and have access to a laser cutter and 3D printer within the Design Technology department. Alongside all of this, there are state-of-the-art facilities available including a gym, sports hall, 3G pitch, which are regularly used by all students for lessons and enrichment sessions.
Arranging a visit to Harborne Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Blue Coat Church of England Academy
Birmingham Street, Walsall, West Midlands, WS1 2ND
Teacher of Business Studies and Computing - The Link Academy
The Link Academy
Simms Lane, Dudley, West Midlands, DY2 0PB
Meadow Park School
Abbey Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV3 4BD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Birmingham and West Midlands