Teacher of Mathematics
4 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
9 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
25 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Part timejobs - 0.6
Full-time equivalent salary
- Main or Upper Pay Scale
What skills and experience we're looking for
We wish to appointment a part-time (0.6) Teacher of Maths to teach Key Stage 3 & 4. The opportunity to teach Key Stage 5 could also be available for the right candidate. We are seeking an enthusiastic and able individual with a passion for Maths.
The Maths department enjoys excellent leadership and comprises a team of outstanding teachers constantly striving for excellence. It is a large department with a wide range of teaching experience. The department curriculums are well resourced and there is often a collaborative approach to planning, where sharing of best practice is commonplace. The Maths department is a forward-thinking department and the recent roll-out of chrome books for students brings exciting and enhanced teaching and learning opportunities.
If you are enthusiastic to take advantage of a new challenge, then we would be delighted to hear from you. This is an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic teacher who would like to join a high performing school and gain significant experience to further enhance their career. We offer a secure, supportive environment, a full induction programme for all new staff and continuous professional development. Applications from those wishing to contribute to other aspects of school life outside the classroom are particularly welcome.
We are happy to offer a tour of the school for any
candidates looking to visit us before applying. To arrange a visit please email
Mrs Becky Rose, HR Assistant (email@example.com). Visit our website for
further information on the school.
Application deadline: 12 noon, Friday 9th June 2023 *
* we encourage you to apply asap. We
reserve the right to interview before the deadline
What the school offers its staff
What can HBS
- A school with great traditions, excellent reputation but with a modern outlook
- Students who are keen to learn having made Hitchin Boys’ their first choice
- A dedicated, well qualified and experienced staff who share the goal enshrined in our school motto “Per Ardua Ad Alta” – Striving for Excellence
- A campus that combines state of the art facilities with historic Grade II listed buildings
- The opportunity to work in a secure, supportive environment
- A full induction programme for all new staff and CPD tailored to your individual needs
- A salary commensurate with your experience and a variety of staff benefits
- SLT commitment to supporting the mental, physical and emotional wellbeing of staff and students in the school
- A picturesque market town well served by high performing nursery, primary and secondary schools just 25 minutes from London by train
- Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule
Further details about the role
HBS is not a Tier 2 visa sponsor so all candidates must have an existing permit or right to work intheUK.
HBS welcomes applications from all applicants who meet the requirements for the position, however we are especially keen to receive applications from those in minority groups for which the School is currently underrepresented. We celebrate diversity and thrive on the benefits it brings.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Hitchin Boys' School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1286 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Hitchin Boys' School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01462 432181
Hitchin Boys’ School (HBS) is a high achieving, over-subscribed comprehensive school with a mixed sixth form, which forms part of the highly successful Hitchin Schools’ Consortium. We have a history that stretches back nearly 400 years but embrace fresh thinking and a modern, vibrant curriculum. We have high expectations, excellent standards of behaviour and pride in our extra-curricular activities that lead to academically successful and well-rounded students who are well equipped for life beyond school. Following Ofsted's visit to Hitchin Boys' School in September 2021, we were delighted to announce that we have once again received top marks by retaining the judgement of ‘Outstanding’.
Arranging a visit to Hitchin Boys' School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of A Level Mathematics
Saint Michael's Catholic High School
High Elms Lane, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD25 0SS
The Chauncy School
Park Road, Ware, Hertfordshire, SG12 0DP
The Compton School
Summers Lane, London, N12 0QG
Canons High School
Shaldon Road, Edgware, HA8 6AN
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Hertfordshire