Teacher of Maths
14 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
19 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
23 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Mathematicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full-time teaching
- Maternity or parental leave cover - 12 months or the return of the substantive postholder from Maternity Leave
What skills and experience we're looking for
Corpus Christi Catholic Academy Trust wishes to appoint a Teacher of Maths at Saint Paul’s Catholic High School[i], an expanding 11-16 Voluntary Academy. The role will be to teach Maths lessons.
We are looking for an exceptional and inspirational teachers who would be able to support and add expertise to our growing and increasingly successful team of teachers delivering Maths to the students of Saint Paul’s.
The main duties of the role are:
- To contribute to the provision of high quality teaching and learning to ensure successful outcomes for all.
- To plan and prepare courses, schemes of work and individual lessons, appropriate to the needs, interests, experience and existing knowledge of students
The successful candidate will:
- Be enthusiastic and motivated with a passion for your subject and committed to delivering high standards of teaching and learning
- Be someone with drive and ambition who will challenge, inspire and motivate our students.
- Be a highly dynamic individual who consistently delivers innovative teaching and where possible has a proven track record of outstanding progress in external examinations.
- Be able to adapt and respond appropriately to challenging situations.
- Be open to new ideas, committed to working as part of a team and of course have a good sense of humour.
- Have strong moral and ethical principles and values.
- Be able to adapt and respond appropriately to challenging situations
- Act with the utmost integrity at all times.
What the school offers its staff
We can offer the successful candidate
- An opportunity to work within a welcoming and enthusiastic environment with wonderful children, supportive staff, governors and parents
- Close links and group support from three other schools in this forward thinking Catholic multi-academy trust in this exciting time in our development
- An opportunity to be part of a team of dedicated, talented and hardworking individuals
- Entry into a competitive pension scheme
- A true commitment to Continuing Professional Development with access to a library of on-line training courses and fully accredited qualifications and opportunities to access other relevant paid training.
- A range of employee benefits which support your well-being that includes:
o A confidential Employee Assistance Programme which is extended to members of your family
o A Health Cash Plan which is paid for by the Trust and gives access to a range of benefits which include covering the costs towards optical, dental, alternative therapy treatments, health screening and discounted gym memberships and a large range of retail discounts. Some benefits are also available to family members
o Flu vaccination clinics
o Eyecare Vouchers
Further details about the role
Christi Catholic Academy Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and we
positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age,
disability, religion, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership,
pregnancy and maternity, race, sex and sexual orientation.
Corpus Christi Catholic Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post will be subject to enhanced DBS and barred list checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The applicant will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
Applicants are advised that schools and colleges designated with a religious character in England and Wales are permitted by law to require certain posts to be filled by practising Catholics or individuals who hold a Catholic Certificate in Religious Studies. Where it is not a requirement of the role to be a practising Catholic, applications are
invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
It is not a requirement of this role to be a practising Catholic and therefore, applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
Please note CVs and agency referrals will not be accepted
 Please note that whilst the successful candidate will be appointed to a particular school within the Trust, the Trust reserves the right to deploy staff at any of its schools depending on need, where agreement is reached with all parties.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 65.6 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Saint Paul's Catholic High School
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 911 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
“Saint Paul’s is a welcoming and supportive community. Leaders have high expectations for all pupils, including those with special educational needs. Pupils achieve well,” report the Ofsted inspectors who recently visited Saint Paul’s Catholic High School in Wythenshawe. The school has just received a good report following the visit of Ofsted inspectors to the school.
Arranging a visit to Saint Paul's Catholic High School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Dean Trust Rose Bridge
Holt Street, Wigan, Greater Manchester, WN1 3HD
The Westleigh School
Westleigh Lane, Leigh, Lancashire, WN7 5NL
The Rudheath Senior Academy
Middlewich Road, Northwich, Cheshire, CW9 7DT
Eden Boys' School Bolton
Wolfenden Street, Bolton, Greater Manchester, BL1 3QE
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Greater Manchester